Trailer 2 - Avengers:Infinity War

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Trailer 2 - Avengers:Infinity War

Post by Quoshara » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:01 pm

*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Trailer 2 - Avengers:Infinity War

Post by Michael » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:00 am

This looks so good.

I understand the two films (this one and its sequel) won't follow the storyline of The Infinity Gauntlet comics, but that's okay.

I am so looking forward to this movie. 8)
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

BULLITT
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by BULLITT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Don't kill Cap, don't kill Cap!

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 pm

And oooh. I saw this post the other day and had to share it because the idea caught in my brain. (even if it s a bit "Groundhogs Day").

https://www.facebook.com/FFSohmy/photos ... 03/?type=3

(I hope that link works)
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 am

Quoshara wrote:... (even if it s a bit "Groundhog Day").
Spoiler:
It's also a bit "first Dr. Strange movie".
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 pm

I saw the movie today.

My review:

OUTSTANDING!
-Michael Gray

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:24 am

Other than the fact that there's a huge plot hole, I enjoyed it immensely.
Spoiler:
If you have the Infinity Stones, there's no need to slaughter half the sentient beings in the cosmos so as to 'conserve resources'. Just ... double the resources. That's why they're called "Infinity Stones".

As Caffey from A Few Good Men might say, "Kinda see what I'm gettin' at here, Harold?"
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 pm

JM1776 wrote:Other than the fact that there's a huge plot hole, I enjoyed it immensely.
Spoiler:
If you have the Infinity Stones, there's no need to slaughter half the sentient beings in the cosmos so as to 'conserve resources'. Just ... double the resources. That's why they're called "Infinity Stones".

As Caffey from A Few Good Men might say, "Kinda see what I'm gettin' at here, Harold?"
True, however...
Spoiler:
Every great character has a blind spot. Thanos could have become so focused on the goal of eliminating half the population of the universe, and not realized the true power he had, but saw it simply as a means to his end.
And on another issue...
Spoiler:
Did you notice Stan Lee's cameo? I thought it an odd thing for a school bus driver to say. But given his cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and others, not strange at all.

It makes me wonder if they plan to tie all of Stan's cameos together, to make them more significant than quick little laugh moments.

I think it would be immensely fun if Stan's appearances had an important role in what brought us to this point.
-Michael Gray

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Wed May 02, 2018 12:48 am

My mouth was hanging open at the end of the movie. Like on TV, they finished it at the good part. Of course, I think Thor performed pretty well in this movie. I was sad to see that Hulk was so scared that he had performance anxiety. Poor Bruce.

I ...

Oops, am I spoiling the movie? I’m sorry. I was just giving my review of Avengers: Infinity War.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Wed May 02, 2018 6:14 am

Ok, so I loved the movie, but I did have one issue...
Spoiler:
Banner didn't build the Vision. Ultron designed him and started the process of making him. If anything Banner and Tony tried to make him work with Jarvis after the fact. Meaning Banner didn't add the mind stone at all, that was Ultron. So Banner taking shit from Black Panther's sister really annoyed me.

But then again it's a trope I fricken hate. A new smart person shows up, so they just have to get in a little scene proving how much "better" they are than the old smart person. It's even worse when the old smart person is like college graduated and studied and the new one is some teenage super genius with no explanation. I hate the trope and I want it to go away. It's much more fun to see them bouncing ideas off of each other, not going in with the "why didn't you do it the way I would have done it? see how smart I am?" Especially if it makes no canon sense.
/end rant
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 am

It's completely impermissible in this day and age of entertainment/media to portray a smart white boy as smarter than a smart black girl.

Come on. You know that.

Let the, "Joe's a racist" comments begin. :roll:

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Wed May 02, 2018 11:31 pm

Ok, so somemore context to shave away some of the more race related aspects of this issue.
Spoiler:
The thing is the scene in question would have annoyed me if both characters were amorphous agender blobs. It doesn't work. Adding the context of education level and age to it makes it worse, and that doesn't even consider the notion of race (Bruce having studied all over the world and 16 year old super genius Shuri having only studied in Wakanda).

That alone would suggest that Bruce should not only be smarter and more knowledgeable on the subject, but that the scene is pushing something besides just the narrative of the story, another narrative if you will. And I dislike the new other narrative. It's part of why I hard a hard time stomaching Black Panther when it came out. The hidden narrative was one that I disagreed with and it took great effort to make that narrative including breaking the way cultures evolve and grow technologically speaking, like an isolationist nation cannot be the most technologically advanced nation, trade encourages technological growth not resources.
Feel free to insert the "This one's racist too" lines now as well.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 pm

About the scene in question, I thought it was hilarious. I didn't think it was pushing any message about race or gender, but rather was about someone who had a completely different background, and was more able to think outside the box than two people who, while quite intelligent, were more conventional in their perspectives.

Wakanda was the most technological advanced nation on Earth (outside of maybe Latveria) in Marvel Comics. One could argue that Latveria is far more isolationist than Wakanda. Also its resident genius had studied at only one university, not all over the world.

Wakanda being what it is in the Marvel films isn't a result of screenwriters trying to push some hidden agenda. Stan and Jack made Wakanda as advanced as it is decades ago back in Fantastic Four #52.
-Michael Gray

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 pm

A cautionary admin note...

Please don't accuse someone of being a racist. I'd have to regard that as flaming. Instead, if you disagree with someone, present your view.

Thank you.
-Michael Gray

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 pm

*bounces up and down and twitches* Man... I can't reply to anything because I won't get to see the movie for another two weeks when my daughter comes to visit.

Thank you all for hiding your spoilers.
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!