Trailer:Captain Marvel

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Trailer:Captain Marvel

Post by Quoshara » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 pm

*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Trailer:Captain Marvel

Post by Michael » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:07 pm

I really like that trailer. 8)
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 pm

So did I. I suspect that the old lady was a Skrull or Mystique in disguise. Logically, I would prefer to believe that it was a Skrull.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 am

captainuniverse wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 pm
I suspect that the old lady was a Skrull or Mystique in disguise.
Either that, or Danvers had a reunion with her kindergarten teacher.
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

"And after all this time, you'd think that I, I wouldn't feel the same ... but time melts into nothing, and nothing's changed."

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 am

Honestly, this trailer does nothing for me. I think I am always happy to see more Sam Jackson, but I get nothing from the Brie Larson. She has no charisma or at least the shots shown of her convey nothing of an interesting character. I'm not overly psyched because of how the character has been handled in the comics recently and the trailer lakes any of the "fun" that brings me to Marvel movies in the first place. I'll likely see it just to be caught up for Infinity War Part 2, but honestly, this feels more like reading issues of a comic I am not fond of just to stay caught up with an event comic.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:52 am

Honestly, Larson looks a bit too butch/not quite pretty enough to play Captain/Ms. Marvel for me. I understand the casting choice, and can't really fault it, but ... like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman lacking seven to ten pounds of lean muscle (which, despite her excellent work, she still does), it's just not quite right for me. (Gina Carano has a much better Wonder Woman build; too bad she can't act.)

As it did with Gal, though, a great performance will convince me that Brie's acceptable in the role.
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

"And after all this time, you'd think that I, I wouldn't feel the same ... but time melts into nothing, and nothing's changed."