STAR WARS - EPISODE IX Trailer

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Re: STAR WARS - EPISODE IX Trailer

Post by JaceRidley » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Sirus, the truth of the matter is this (and Michael, I will Endeavour(heh)... to do my best to say the following within the scope of the new rules.):

Your previously expressed views that spill over into your viewpoint on all-things fandom related are problematic at best and toxic at worst.

You refuse to accept that things change. You fight vehemently against it. You act like a spoiled child whose favorite ball was taken from him and when your parents give you another ball, it's not good enough because it's not identical... despite the fact that it is still round, still bounces, and still works just as well. It just has a fresh coat of paint on it for a new time. It's a more inclusive ball for a more inclusive age.

And somehow that isn't okay.

You claim ownership of entitlements you haven't earned(like the aforementioned skill level to employ such vulgarities for added emphasis, when your ability to write effectively is... marginal at best if I'm feeling kind, or claiming that something will never be CANON to you, despite having no ability to dictate what canon is and not differentiating between canon and personal continuity.)

And more than all of that, you make comments that seem to dictate a sense of righteous indignation about these views you hold as if you are the standard bearer of truth, holding the line against the encroaching darkness.

But you aren't. You're just another entitled, privileged guy on the internet who doesn't like and rails against the fact that the things he loves have opened up their doors in such a way to be more inviting and more welcoming to more people. To be inviting to all. You don't like that things have changed.

You're a gatekeeper.

But there's a funny thing about gates. With enough people.... You can storm them.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:15 pm

A friendly reminder folks... let's keep it on topic and avoid flaming. Thanks.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 pm

You know, Michael is right. I just wrote a big response to that Jace, but in the end, what's the point. You believe about Star Wars and Star Trek what you want. I don't like your attitude, but I'm pretty sure you don't like mine. How about we call it a draw and just shut up about all of this?
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:15 am

sirus wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 pm
How about we call it a draw and just shut up about all of this?
Traditionally, in serious chess, one offers a draw when holding what is believed by both sides to be a slightly advantageous position. If not, it's often considered by your opponent to be at best amusingly ignorant and at worst an insult—a presumption of equality when you've achieved nothing of the sort on the board.

On to other matters.

See, gentlemen ... I don't have a horse in this race. I don't find Star Trek Discovery to be, as I do the first Abrams film, an abomination and a travesty (though the early episodes skewed much farther in that direction than did Season Two). Not is it a cinematic, dramatic coup. There are elements and decisions of which I do not approve, and others I consider a sign of the times. But the effects are (no pun intended) stellar, the performances at worst competent and often exceptional, and the plots improving steadily.

It is neither Star Trek at its very best nor our mommy's Star Trek.

But it is Star Trek: It is Star Trek for this day, age and audience. No matter our personal desires, such is not genuinely in dispute.

Neither of you can win. It doesn't matter if your beliefs are more fervent, sirus, or if you are more eloquent, JaceRidley. You both believe you're standing up for what's right.

It doesn't matter which of you is, if your method doesn't reach the other person. It becomes adolescent catharsis or even gasoline on the fire.

The cliche, "It doesn't matter what you say so much as how you say it" applies here, and has for weeks, now.

All that said ... I have a suggestion for resolution:

sirus: Watch the rest of Season Two. Open your mind to the possibility that your judgment was premature. Return to the subject when you've had a chance to percolate on what you've seen. Only then does your opinion have the weight it needs for a discussion of this sort. I'm vastly more critical than you, and I saw improvement. I'll be interested in your perspective.

JaceRidley: Take your foot off the gas and coast for a while, while sirus does as I suggest. The ultimate goal of dialogue is to reach each other. For all your eloquence, you are not achieving that goal. Another tack may well do so.

Any takers?
"I had a taste of the real world when I went down on you"

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 am

I had a big long post here about me not being interested in watching the rest of Discovery, but you know what, I will. But I will also be honest with my opinions on it. I will write as I always write, so it will lack eloquence when I do it, but I think the demand for eloquence is one of elitism and has nothing to do with the substance of what I say. If the way I say what I have to say is such a problem, don't read it. But I see no need to meet your standards of eloquence to be taken seriously.

We are all specks of dust in the end. The best we can do is show each other compassion and understanding. Though not the absolute worst, it's still not a good thing to attack each other because of what media we enjoy or don't enjoy. I don't care if you guys like the show, but I expect the same indifference in response to me disliking the show. I don't jump into posts where people praise something and attempt to deconstruct their praise, the least people can do is not jump into posts where I am critical and attempt to deconstruct my criticism. We're all allowed to have our own opinions and they're all valid because they are personal opinions.

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 am

sirus wrote:I had a big long post here ...
Yeah, see ... there's the thing, sirus. You posted, and while you may regret doing so ...

... I already have it. :shock:

I'll be re-posting it in parts and quoting you in my responses thereto. Shouldn't have put it out there if you didn't want a reply ... because now you're gonna get one. Look forward to it.
... about me not being interested in watching the rest of Discovery, but you know what, I will.
And that's to your credit. Your stock just went up. :/
But I will also be honest with my opinions on it ...
No one has ever desired you to do otherwise.
I will write as I always write, so it will lack eloquence when I do it ...
Self-evident, but worth saying: Your words, not mine.

No writer is as eloquent as he or she will grow to be, nor as lacking as once he or she was.
... but I think the demand for eloquence is one of elitism ...
The recommendation that you employ less vulgarity cannot be equated to a demand for improved eloquence. Nice try, though.

And I suggest you learn to differentiate between elitism and intolerance for chronic and tiresome crudity.
... and has nothing to do with the substance of what I say.
Now this I grant, readily. But the delivery system's efficacy has a huge effect on the payload's placement and force of impact. Or, as DJ Rick Dees once said on Into the Night, "Bad news: Iraq has a nuclear weapon. Good news: They have to drop it off the back of an ox-cart." :[]]

I shan't continue in this vein, because you know I'm right.
If the way I say what I have to say is such a problem, don't read it.
Fear not, sirus: I'll just wipe the blood, sweat and tears streaming from my eyes and press on. :P
But I see no need to meet your standards of eloquence to be taken seriously.
For some reason, I am reminded of this exchange:

From the screenplay for "The Trouble with Tribbles":

Nils Baris: Captain Kirk, I consider your security measures a disgrace. In my opinion, you have taken this entire, very important project far too lightly.

Capt. Kirk : On the contrary, sir. I think of this project as very important. It is YOU I take lightly.

:tomato:

I don't mean that wholeheartedly, but ... lighten up, Sirus.
We are all specks of dust in the end.
You like Kansas, huh? Me, too. 8)
The best we can do is show each other compassion and understanding.
That's my Savior's position. Believe me, you can't imagine the restraint I've shown in these fora and with some of you over the last couple of weeks. :roll:

And I don't just mean with you.
Though not the absolute worst, it's still not a good thing to attack each other because of what media we enjoy or don't enjoy. I don't care if you guys like the show, but I expect the same indifference in response to me disliking the show. I don't jump into posts where people praise something and attempt to deconstruct their praise, the least people can do is not jump into posts where I am critical and attempt to deconstruct my criticism.
While we should strive to be kinder, any opinion posted in a public forum is a de facto invitation to field opposition and even opprobrium. So ... if you think people are going to dislike as well as challenge your critique, and you haven't the weight of argument or strength of character to withstand that, then reconsider posting it.

In a public forum, your ideas are sometimes the object of public praise ... and on other occasions, public scorn.

Imagine what it's like for me when I post on a Catholic Apologists site. There, I'm the liberal, permissive and seductive voice of Mephistopheles, attempting to lead the flock astray.

Then, when I espouse my fairly conservative Catholicism on, say, the Paizo forum, I'm a backwards-thinking, superstitious conservatard in a sea of liberal bile.

So I know whereof you speak.
We're all allowed to have our own opinions ...
Yep.
...and they're all valid because they are personal opinions.
Nope.

Your position is logically flawed, though I believe you are well-intentioned.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ... but opinions can be, among other qualities, well-reasoned, informed, strong, vehement, ignorant, preposterous and wholly unjustified.

So one opinion is not as valid as a better-formulated opinion, no matter the assertions to the contrary.

More later.

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 am

If you wish to respond to a post I no longer stand by, it is of course you right to do so. But it will mean very little.

As for the elitism I noted, it is more the idea that an idea must be spoken in an acceptable manner to be valid. I disagree. All opinions are valid by their very nature. They are statements of feeling and not of fact. A statement of fact can be invalid, but not one of feeling.

Put simply a well reasoned opinion worded in florid prose is no more valid than a scribble on the wall. The difference in presentation does not change the validity of the opinion and saying that it does is elitist and intolerant.

Now as for my swearing. I must say that I can see why to some it would devalue my words, but it is not something I am required to give up to be taken seriously. Indeed I never expected to be taken seriously at all. I'd be a fool if I expected that. No, I expected to be treated as a valued part of this community and not have my opinion dismissed out of hand. Whether it is dismissed because of vulgarity in my language or not. I am not the only one to swear and I shall not be the last. It is part of the common tongue and I speak common, trust me my character sheet says so.

But as for the rest. I likely won't reply to your response to my deleted post. I can no longer stand by that post and I fail to see why you wish to respond to it. But as I said, you may do so.

Honestly I am beginning to think I would be better served to simply piss off and just not post here anymore. For all I have gained as an artist, I have lost much of my desire to write because of the attitude towards works deemed unacceptable in terms of grammar or spelling. I am no professional. And even professionals have editors. I am one guy with a writing program that may or may not pick up spelling mistakes. The attitude that it is only worthy of being read if it meets the criteria set about by those with higher skill than myself only crushes my desire to write independent fiction.

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Post by JaceRidley » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Instead of responding by quoting EVERYTHING, I'll make a couple general replies, and then quote the important things...

A draw? As Joe made abundantly clear... you're in no position to offer one. That being said, I'm perfectly fine with allowing you to go and try and learn from your own ignorance. I... don't have terribly high expectations anything will come from it as you've a history of deciding sight unseen exactly what something IS or IS NOT and then standing by that premise with little to no substance of fact. But sure... go for it. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

Moving on..

I've never liked that cliche, Joe. I understand it. But I feel like if I have to cram honey down someone's throat that I would rather see choke on it, then I can drown them with vinegar just as easy. People will either accept new ideas or they won't. You have been one of my closest friends for going on TWO DECADES now. We could not be more different people. And you know what? We still get along 95% of the time because you have the ability to accept change, to accept difference, and to not be beholden to believing only you can be right about something. We've had our disagreements and a few fights during that time, but in the end, we always work it out because we know that the other always has the best intentions, even if the road to hell is paved with them. But when it comes to views we differ on, we rarely get into anything CLOSE to resembling the kind of back and forth Sirus and I get into.

And I know why: I place no value in sirus opinion because sirus shows no ability to accept that which is different. So we'll see where this goes... But I'm gonna make a prediction in private.

Now to the meat and potatoes...
Sirus: "I will write as I always write, so it will lack eloquence when I do it, but I think the demand for eloquence is one of elitism and has nothing to do with the substance of what I say.... I see no need to meet your standards of eloquence to be taken seriously. "
While eloquence is not required to show substance, and the reverse can also be true, the substance of your argument would be much easier to find if there were even a measure of wit or cunning behind it. Thus far, you've shown neither. You've shown stubbornness. You've shown inconsistency and hypocrisy. You've shown an unerring character flaw of being unable to admit when you've been shown WHY you're wrong about key details. But you've shown no ability to form coherent thoughts that don't amount to more than "Well it's my opinion, so..."

As to being taken seriously... Prove to me why you should be. Prove why you aren't just another gatekeeper in a line of them I've helped knock down. Because so far, I'm unimpressed. And forgive the conceit... but I actually work in this field(which is one of the reasons I had to step away from Fan Fic. I simply don't have the time.). Do you?
Sirus: "The best we can do is show each other compassion and understanding."
In an ideal world.... Sadly, we live in this one. You want compassion and understanding while offering none of your own. You savage the fiction and the people giving it to us(thinking they never see it) but want us to give you compassion and understanding to do so. I'll happily give it to you. But you first.
Sirus: " I don't jump into posts where people praise something and attempt to deconstruct their praise"
No. You offer the deconstruction of the source material and your hate filled opinion on it unasked for, acting like the self righteous standard bearer I mentioned before. I could make a collage of screenshots to illustrate my point but... why? You know it's true. We all know it's true.
Sirus: "We're all allowed to have our own opinions and they're all valid because they are personal opinions."
Sirus: "All opinions are valid by their very nature."
This... is utter bullshit.

One of the cleverest men in the world is Dr. Brian Cox. If you an unaware of him, he's a British Physicist who is a professor of particle physics for the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester. On the topic of opinions he writes:

"The problem with today's world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that an opinion can be roundly ignored, and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense."

If all opinions were valid, sirus, by their nature of existing... then you just said that racism, sexism, bigotry(I know Michael, I'm towing the line but this is directly relevant and I'm taking it no further), and every other horrible thing people have done was a perfectly valid opinion to have.... because it was personal and they have a right to their opinion.

No. You want to have those kinds, or other shitty opinions, no one can stop you. We aren't the thought police. But do yourself a favor and keep them to yourself... Likewise, if you think you're going to come here and have no one disagree with you, fact check you, laugh at you, prove you wrong, etc. when you want to strut around and shit on everything you don't like, as if you were a free range rooster.... well I'm not sorry to disappoint.
Sirus: "Put simply a well reasoned opinion worded in florid prose is no more valid than a scribble on the wall"
Who, precisely, are you simplifying for? And using a secondary definition of florid in this context doesn't work very well. The trouble with your premise is proper word choice makes this much easier to comprehend. Eloquence is not floridity. It's the exact opposite.
Sirus: "Now as for my swearing. I must say that I can see why to some it would devalue my words, but it is not something I am required to give up to be taken seriously."
I don't particularly care about vulgarity when well employed. But to be taken seriously, first you have to be worth taking seriously...
Sirus: " Indeed I never expected to be taken seriously at all."
Your righteous indignation would suggest otherwise.
Sirus: "'I'd be a fool if I expected that.
Well hey... looks like we have common ground after all.
Sirus: "No, I expected to be treated as a valued part of this community and not have my opinion dismissed out of hand. Whether it is dismissed because of vulgarity in my language or not. I am not the only one to swear and I shall not be the last. It is part of the common tongue and I speak common, trust me my character sheet says so."
If you want to be treated like a valued part of this community... act like one. And by that I mean... stop acting like and saying that Star Trek is dead when it's not. And stop acting like you are an authority on such matters. And while you may have a character sheet that says you speak common, there is the difference between us... You're a player. I'm a dungeon master. You think you know the rules. You think you understand the game we're playing.... but I'm the one writing it. And I'm very, very good at it.
Sirus: "Honestly I am beginning to think I would be better served to simply piss off and just not post here anymore. For all I have gained as an artist, I have lost much of my desire to write because of the attitude towards works deemed unacceptable in terms of grammar or spelling."
I know this is a radical suggestion but have you tried... I don't know...improving? No one is perfect when it comes to spelling or grammar but you can at least make the attempt. There are free, freemium and nearly free services out there to actually help you but you have to WANT help first.
Sirus: "I am no professional. And even professionals have editors."
Well.. I AM a professional and I never had an editor until quite recently. And I admit I miss things. I don't claim to have the Oxford English or Plotnik’s “The Elements of Editing” memorized. But the point isn't that I'm perfect.. It's that I TRY. That I study. I make the attempt to get better *consistently*...
Sirus: "I am one guy with a writing program that may or may not pick up spelling mistakes. The attitude that it is only worthy of being read if it meets the criteria set about by those with higher skill than myself only crushes my desire to write independent fiction."
You don't get to put that on other people. Do you know what "skill" is? It's an equation. Time multiplied by Practice equals Skill. The only person limiting your skill is YOU. Being one guy with a writing program(or in some cases a typewriter/word processor or a notebook and pen) is how EVERYONE started out. And there were several thousand years of recorded history before spell check existed. Get a dictionary. They're at the Dollar Store in a pinch.

If you cannot handle criticism from a forum, you will NEVER survive Amazon Reviews or review websites.

And here's a clue you're missing:

I've read your work. Your writing isn't bad because of spelling or grammar. Yes, those things are severely lacking, but those are easily fixable mistakes that just show a sloppy hand. Your writing is bad because it's stiff. It comes off unnatural and forced. It's just badly written. The narrative is lacking. The dialogue feels wooden.

Writing... Takes... Practice. THOUSANDS OF HOURS of practice. Skill is ACQUIRED. Talent can be born but it isn't the end of the craft. Skill is earned.

You want it? Go earn it. Don't blame others for your lack of motivation.

If you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen. If you don't, you'll make excuses.

I could give you innumerable tips on how to write more better(yes, that is a joke). Thus far you have given me NO reason to want to help you.

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Nothing...

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Post by JaceRidley » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 pm

See?

After everything, I offer to HELP YOU if you show me you are worth helping. If you show me you are capable of learning from mistakes. Capable of growth. Capable of understanding why I have been vocal in my opposition of the way you present these precious opinions of yours.

And you clearly responded while I was, get this now... Writing... and I came back when I took a break and you had deleted that reply and replaced it with:
Nothing...
Was I kind? No.
Do I have to be? No.
Should I be? Maybe more than I am.
But I am made of a metal forged by the fire of pain and the choices of others to harm me for being only what I was born. I fight every day to have to justify my very existence to those that would deny me that existence and the same rights you take for granted.

When you are not fed love on a silver spoon, you learn to lick it off knives.... and a sharp blade makes a sharper tongue.

So if you'd like to waste your time blaming fans, blaming writers, blaming everyone else... you go ahead. But I'll be here to correct you and remind you that it's no one but you at fault for all the problems you're having with Star Trek, Star Wars, Writing, etc. And if and when you decide you want to learn how to be a better PERSON... how be a better WRITER... When you're willing to shut up and listen instead.

I'm not hard to find. Google me. I'm only getting more relevant...

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Note that this was written for the most part before JaceRidley's last few but posted afterwards. I was actually at the cardiologist.

You people will be the death of me. :D
If you wish to respond to a post I no longer stand by, it is of course you right to do so. But it will mean very little.
I shall consider showing more restraint than you did in posting it in the first place.
As for the elitism I noted, it is more the idea that an idea must be spoken in an acceptable manner to be valid.
If you can go back and quote me, showing where I said or implied that, please do so. Otherwise, I strongly recommend you refrain from putting words in my mouth. Note that I am responsible for what I imply, but not what you infer.
All opinions are valid by their very nature.
You are repeatedly failing to distinguish between the right to have an opinion—which you do, indeed, possess—and an opinion's validity.
They are statements of feeling and not of fact. A statement of fact can be invalid, but not one of feeling.
Again, you are (conveniently?) neglecting to parse between the validity of feelings themselves, which are unassailably a right, and the opinions derived from them, which are subject to critique and if necessary condemnation.

Let me provide an example: If someone has a strongly-held opinion, based on a feeling of wrongness in their gut, that women should not be allowed to hold jobs and belong in the kitchen, is that a valid opinion? Or is it simply an ill-considered, ignorant and asinine opinion?

The feeling is there. It cannot be denied. But the opinion is objectively wrong.

Your point is refuted. Let us move on.
Put simply a well reasoned opinion worded in florid prose is no more valid than a scribble on the wall. The difference in presentation does not change the validity of the opinion and saying that it does is elitist and intolerant.
Assuming said scribble is intelligible and intelligent, it is not less valid than the other. (And if you're implying my prose is florid, then by all means say so. I need a good laugh.)

It is most certainly more valuable, however, because the substance behind the point is enabled to reach more and farther. Packaging and marketing are important, sirus. Are they as important as the object/gift itself? By no means. But a funny, hot chick/dude with a beautiful soul is going to get more men/women hitting on her/him than a quiet, fat chick/dude with a beautiful soul. That's just reality. Same principle applies to eloquent and blunt.

Are they important because they make the gift more accessible and desirable? Of course.

Jesus didn't speak in parables because he couldn't recite the Law chapter and verse. He did so because it made His message more compelling.
Now as for my swearing. I must say that I can see why to some it would devalue my words, but it is not something I am required to give up to be taken seriously. Indeed I never expected to be taken seriously at all. I'd be a fool if I expected that. No, I expected to be treated as a valued part of this community and not have my opinion dismissed out of hand. Whether it is dismissed because of vulgarity in my language or not. I am not the only one to swear and I shall not be the last. It is part of the common tongue and I speak common, trust me my character sheet says so.
Despite the Nils Baris joke, I do take you seriously.

And if you weren't a valued member of the community, I wouldn't bother speaking with you. I'd just scrape you off my shoe.

Think, sirus: If anyone were dismissing your opinion out of hand, we wouldn't bother responding to you. Your opinion is being considered, weighed ... and, because it's wrong, only then dismissed. Huge difference.
But as for the rest. I likely won't reply to your response to my deleted post. I can no longer stand by that post and I fail to see why you wish to respond to it. But as I said, you may do so.
Noted.
Honestly I am beginning to think I would be better served to simply piss off and just not post here anymore. For all I have gained as an artist, I have lost much of my desire to write because of the attitude towards works deemed unacceptable in terms of grammar or spelling. I am no professional. And even professionals have editors. I am one guy with a writing program that may or may not pick up spelling mistakes. The attitude that it is only worthy of being read if it meets the criteria set about by those with higher skill than myself only crushes my desire to write independent fiction.
I don't speak for everyone. I'm well known as notoriously critical (and despite the fact that JaceRidley is of late more cutting in casual conversation, I'm much worse when it comes to someone's fiction; trust me, he's published and still knows that if I look at something, I'll either find a mistake or a way to make it better in about five seconds); taking my opinion as representative of the majority here is ill-advised. Some people will read unedited prose. I'm finicky.

Why not employ Grammarly?

Go to people here who are encouraging, and by whom you do not feel your spirit crushed. There are plenty of such here.

I remind you that I helped as much as I could before being forced to discontinue due to my medical issues. (You don't want to know what my blood pressure was Saturday afternoon.)

Since you said you're going to watch Discovery, I'm going to leave off with that sign of encouragement.

I genuinely look forward to your (what I believe will be revised) opinion when you've finished.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Admin Post...

While I see some progress being made in this off topic discussion, it's time for it to come to a close.

Please return to the thread topic, Star Wars: Episode IX, its trailer, and any news and/or speculation you'd like to toss into the mix.

If you'd like to continue discussing what you were (fandom, writing, opinions, etc), I'd ask that you either:
1 - Do so by PM with one another.
or
2 - Start a new thread. But if you do this, PLEASE restrict it to discussing one or more of those topics, and not make it personal, directing it at other forum members. Critique the argument or position, not the person making the argument or taking the position. (If you have any questions about doing this, feel free to PM me.)

Thank you.
-Michael Gray

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm

New Trailer...

While I've been less impressed with many of the trailers after the first one, this one has that old Star Wars magic.
-Michael Gray

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:16 pm

Emperor Michaeltime is back. Time for Admiral Tattok to come out of retirement.

Oopsit, that's Star Wars, not Star Trek. \Y/

::sabre:: ::sabre:: (-o|-) (-o|-)
"In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:33 pm

I'd love to care about this movie.