Mad-Martigan's Staff Fillers

If an image is here, permission has been granted for use. Please do give proper credit to the author of the image.

Moderator: omegasixafcommand

Forum rules
Before using these images, please note the following:

1) Do not take credit for the images found here
2) Follow the directions given by the artist concerning credit placement
3) Do not hotlink to an image posted here unless the artist gives you explicit permission to do so. This forum is for the sharing of images, not bandwidth.
4) The Free Use forum is not the place for critique. A quick "That's great!" or "I love that image!" is fine, but detailed critique should be left to the Photomanipulations forum.
5) ONLY POST AN IMAGE HERE IF YOU CREATED IT!!! To do otherwise is to risk a permanent ban.
Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Mad-Martigan's Staff Fillers

Post by Mad-Martigan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm

A range of staff fillers I have created recently..... More will come in due time and be added to this thread, when I get round to making them etc. For updates and the latest manips, scroll through the pages of this thread - as there are manips scattered about everywhere.
As for the formalities:
1) Do not take credit for the images found here, Its not cool to say you made something you didnt.
2) Concerning credit placement, If you choose to use any of the images... just say that it was made by Mad-Martigan from STPMA - and that is enough.

Adam Sandler

Alessandra Ambrosio

Alison Mack

Alyssa Milano

Amy Davidson

Angelina Jolie

Anne Hathaway

Bill Nighy

Jim Carrey

Lexa Doig

Russell Crowe

Tom Cruise

Unknown brunette from Google Images
Last edited by Mad-Martigan on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are going to use any of my images at STPMA please have it noted somewhere in a caption for the image "Created by Mad-Martigan of STPMA". Only my images in the Free-use section are allowed to be used freely, unless I have given express permission. Images in the request section alone are for the requesters ONLY. Thank you.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Re: Mad-Martigan's Staff Fillers

Post by captainuniverse » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Nice! I never would have figured Adam Sandler for the Starfleet type. :D
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mad-Martigan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm

captainuniverse wrote:Nice! I never would have figured Adam Sandler for the Starfleet type. :D
Thank you... and yeah lol, that's why I kind of put a pic of him with a silly smile on the second image. He's rank of captain... but his face kind of says "What the hell am I doing........ uh oh....... people are staring...... act cool"
If you are going to use any of my images at STPMA please have it noted somewhere in a caption for the image "Created by Mad-Martigan of STPMA". Only my images in the Free-use section are allowed to be used freely, unless I have given express permission. Images in the request section alone are for the requesters ONLY. Thank you.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:58 pm

If it could be aged about 60 years, that first Anne Hathaway pic would work beautifully for a 1,000 year old Anisha Dahl (she's an El Aurian).

Let me see what I can do with it...

Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mad-Martigan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 am

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:If it could be aged about 60 years, that first Anne Hathaway pic would work beautifully for a 1,000 year old Anisha Dahl (she's an El Aurian).

Let me see what I can do with it...
Feel free to upload it too, if you want to - as I'd be interested in seeing what you could come up with. I havn't managed to do a manip where someone has "aged" yet.

Also, here are some of the manips I've done as requests.... which I assume the requesters do not mind people using freely - since they were made for the requesters to use freely etc:
Alessandra Torresani

Adam Rodriguez

Kristen Bell

James Denton

Trisha Helfer

Arnold Schwarzenegger

QuintonBeck
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by QuintonBeck » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm no moderator, but I'm fairly certain you need the requester's permission to post their pictures in the free use section. But I really like some of your manips, good job.

Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mad-Martigan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm

QuintonBeck wrote:I'm fairly certain you need the requester's permission to post their pictures in the free use section.
Really? ... I would have thought that because you made the entire image yourself - you still have the right to say that other people (as well as the requesters) are free to use the image. I didn't put the request I made for Kazz in this section, as he manipulated the head that I put on the uniform himself..... so I could see why that wouldn't be allowed for me to say others can use it (since I didnt make all of it).

But all the other requests I have made have been maniped by myself... just like the staff fillers I uploaded in my first post. I'm confused if I can't say others can use images I have made in responce to a request. Perhaps a Moderator or Admin can shed some light on this?

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm

From looking at the other threads in this section, it is the image creator, not the requester, who has the right to put images in this section.

For example, there is an image of Denise Richards as an Andorian that I requested for my TOTMM cast that also appears in An-Gel Sakura's staff fillers thread.

Of course, if a requester specifically requests that an image not be opened for other use, a creator will almost always honor that request.

Obviously, a mod will give a final ruling, but that's my observation, based on what's seen in several mods' own threads.

Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mad-Martigan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:27 pm

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:From looking at the other threads in this section, it is the image creator, not the requester, who has the right to put images in this section.
That is how I would see it, since the image was made by the creator - not the requester. So the creator is already giving the requester permission to freely use it ... which I can't see any reason against allowing everyone else to use it also should they wish. Unless, like you said, the requester specifically asked that it not be used by others.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Mad-Martigan wrote:That is how I would see it, since the image was made by the creator - not the requester. So the creator is already giving the requester permission to freely use it ... which I can't see any reason against allowing everyone else to use it also should they wish. Unless, like you said, the requester specifically asked that it not be used by others.
That's pretty much it.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:50 pm

I personally don't want images made for me to be used by someone else, and I think the people who have done pictures for me know that. On the other hand, at least two of the artists have reserved the right to display the images as they see fit, and one in particular usually tells someone that if he created the image as part of a request, it's common courtesy to ask the person who made the request for their permission as well. There's also the fact that if the artist has his or her own website and the images are displayed there, the image can then be swiped by anyone whether permission is asked of either of us or not (if the image is not somehow locked to prevent being saved by viewers).

However, even I'm not entirely heartless. Unless I have a particular attachment to an image, if someone does ask if they can use one, I'd probably say yes.

((announcer voice))
This has been a public service announcement. We now return to your regularly scheduled program, Mad-Martigan's Staff Fillers, already in progress.
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.

QuintonBeck
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by QuintonBeck » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Ah well, it seems I was wrong, although I think personally I would prefer to ask the requester first, not saying you have to, just saying I'm going to. Well, as Cam said, we now return you to your regular scheduled Mad Martigan's Staff Fillers. :)

Edit:Whoa, looks like we caused a rules update. Awesome! Haha!

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 pm

QuintonBeck wrote: Edit:Whoa, looks like we caused a rules update. Awesome! Haha!
See? We do read the threads.... mostly. *G*
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:33 am

Quo wrote:See? We do read the threads.... mostly. *G*
:D
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

Mad-Martigan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Mad-Martigan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:41 am

Quo wrote:
QuintonBeck wrote: Edit:Whoa, looks like we caused a rules update. Awesome! Haha!
See? We do read the threads.... mostly. *G*
Only coz I PM'd you :P .... lol, I'm sure you do read most of them. But its hard to read everything.