Newbie questions

If an image is here, permission has been granted for use. Please do give proper credit to the author of the image.

Moderator: omegasixafcommand

Forum rules
Before using these images, please note the following:

1) Do not take credit for the images found here
2) Follow the directions given by the artist concerning credit placement
3) Do not hotlink to an image posted here unless the artist gives you explicit permission to do so. This forum is for the sharing of images, not bandwidth.
4) The Free Use forum is not the place for critique. A quick "That's great!" or "I love that image!" is fine, but detailed critique should be left to the Photomanipulations forum.
5) ONLY POST AN IMAGE HERE IF YOU CREATED IT!!! To do otherwise is to risk a permanent ban.

Newbie questions

Postby BraidsMamma » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 am

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but I couldn't find a general forum in the photomanipulation section so I went here.
Any mod, feel free to move me if there is a better place.

First of all, what an amazing place this is. I stumbled across this while looking for some charpics for a pre TOS-era rpg I'm gonna run for a few friends and I couldn't believe it.
All of you awesomely skilled people making those cool images for free, just to help out a guy or gal who needs the image for a rpg or a fanfiction, that is mighty cool and generous of you and it warms my heart.

Well,well, enough sucking up to you, let't get to business :wink:
I'm aware that I'm in no position to make specific requests at the moment and I don't need it either, I could fill my 10 next trek RPGs with all the prictures that are allready here for free on the board.
But I would appreciate if someone could give me an idea of how to approach the material?
There are a lot of forums and even more threads and it is often hard to tell if the content of a thread is gonna be of interest to my campaign just by looking at the topic.
Is there any smart way to browse it all, some way to search to forum for specific types of images or some kind of thread or gallery that collects a lot of the pictures in a smart way?
Since my campaign is set in the TOS era I'm looking for all good images of tos era klingons, romulans and most for all starfleet officers.
Gender, uniform colour or race doesn't matter to me right now since I'm mostly out for inspiration for interesting NPCs and so on.

Glad to be here, hope I'm behaving correctly for a newbie =)

/Jakob, sweden
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Re: Newbie questions

Postby An-Gel Sakura » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2412&start=75 Start here and scroll up the pages from here and you will see TOS.
You can take what you need, but just don't claim the work as your own.
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)
An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Return to Free Use Images