The Introduce Yourself Thread

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.
Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

The Introduce Yourself Thread

Post by Michael » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:21 am

Hi. I thought I'd start things out with a nice little thread. :)

I'm Michael. Aside from having a wife, two kids, and two cats, I like to create photomanipulations (big surprise, huh) and write fan fiction.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

AslanC
STPMA Founder
STPMA Founder

Post by AslanC » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:14 am

My name is Alan... I like Jell-O... um... Seriously? I am a performer of undefined skills and have no wife, no kids and currently not cat :(

RichMerk
Chief Underpants Gnome
Chief Underpants Gnome

Post by RichMerk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:55 pm

I'm Richard Adalbert Merk. Yes, that is a German name. I have a dog that eats cats. Age: 41; Description: ruggedly handsome; Disposition: amiable; Marital status: tumbleweed. I'll be moderating the 'Fan Fiction' and 'Requests' forums.

Andreas
Commander
Commander

Post by Andreas » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:18 pm

Andreas here, saying "hi" and introducing myself.

Full name: Andreas Bodensohn. Yes, that's a German name, which I consider quite fitting considering that I am a German.
I have no dog, as I am too much of a couch potato to take a dog for regular walks. And I have no cat as I like my furniture without scratches, thank you very much. :wink:

I'm into photomanips (big surprise, huh?) and writing Star Trek fanfic (big surprise number two).

For my writing I use what little creativity I have.

For my images I use PaintShopPro 7.02 and I have dabbled in Poser (4), Terragen and Vue d'Esprit (5).

I'll be you moderator in the "Photomanipulations" and "Trek Discussion" forums, but if you all read the forum rules before starting to post I am quite certain you will all make my job fairly easy. :D :D
If all the world's a stage, where do the spectators sit?

Andreas
Commander
Commander

Post by Andreas » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:00 pm

And since this thread has been started we have gained at least a dozen new members - without one of you lurkers ever saying "hi".

What's wrong with you people??? Taking the time to sign up to a new forum, but not taking the time to say "hello"???
That makes no sense to me, but if that's how you like to do it, so be it - Your Board Your Wave - aka YBYW.

But it's not like posting here will prevent you from going back to lurking - and a short introduction won't mean you have to post regularly. So why not post at least once, even if it's only to let everyone know that you are here, why you are here, and why you won't post much, if any? :wink: :? :wink:
If all the world's a stage, where do the spectators sit?

STAR TREK A NEW ADVENTURE
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by STAR TREK A NEW ADVENTURE » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:31 am

Ok, then I want to say "Hello" to everyone, too and want to say sorry that I did not see this topic before ;).

My name is Torben Zimmermann and I am a German, too, like Andreas.
To continue this discussion: I neither have a dog nor I have a cat.
I think I am one of the youngest users in this forum with my 16 years.
I write STAR TREK fanfics like the most people here and that's the reason why I am here because I need some character pics for the website which is not online yet.

Hopefully the text above makes any sense and we have a good time together,
Torben.
STAR TREK A NEW ADVENTURE Author

[img]http://www.free-space.at/stana/banner1.gif[/img]

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:44 am

STAR TREK A NEW ADVENTURE wrote:Hopefully the text above makes any sense and we have a good time together,
Torben.

*chuckles* Well, if making sense is a prerequisite for posting here, I'm probably in a lot of trouble.

I'm Quo, the Moderator for the "other Artwork" and "General Sci-fi" Forums.

I have two children, well, two teenagers, actually, so not much kids any more... and no pets at the moment. I read, a lot... write a bit... and generally have no life. *s* Oh... and I, obviously, do a photomanip now and again.
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Farrendahl
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by Farrendahl » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:59 pm

*Stands*

My name is Stuart, and I am an alcoholic. What do you mean this isn't the AA meeting? Well guess I may as well make the most of it.

I'm the guy who some time ago was annoying everybody with requests, well following some stern advice (No not the rude peices of advice about doing things with my source images lol) I decided to give it a try and here we are with me doing manips. Wooo hooo

Anyway lets see as I said my name is Stuart, I'm 23 and live in the sunny UK (Sunny really is a subjective term isn't it) I have no cats, no dogs, no brain eating Gerbils but I do have plenty of house spiders.

My interests include manips (like that was a bomb shell) and Trek in general.
If I can do this using a German copy of PhotoImpact 10 whilst being an english speaker anybody can.

[url=http://www.ussavalanche.alliedsims.com][img]http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/1701alpha/images/banner2.GIF[/img][/url]

Spotts1701
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Spotts1701 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:52 pm

Anthony here. Not much to say, really. I'm not very good at photomanipulation, but I can make a mean looking logo or static web banner. I on occasion also write fan fiction (usually short stories, though I may get something going in the Original Series universe).

As for me, single, fresh out of Law School (hold your rotten vegetables until the end) and looking for work in the government sector. I liked the Yahoo!Group a lot and came in here to pick up some tips and tricks on working with Ye Olde Photoshop.

Michelle
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by Michelle » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:54 am

*takes a deep breath* Well, here goes nothing.

I'm Michelle, a law student from Perth, Western Australia just getting my feet wet in the Star Trek fandom pool (although no stranger to the world of science fiction and fantasy.)

I haven't written any Trek fanfiction yet, although I have a crew and potential stories floating around in my head - which was why I started getting into photomanipulating in the first place :) Prehaps if I'm brave, I may post some of my attempts later.

But yep, the main reason I joined here and the yahoogroup, is to see if I can pick up some good tips to try and apply to my tempramental Photoshop program.

AslanC
STPMA Founder
STPMA Founder

Post by AslanC » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:11 pm

Welcome to all of you :)

Hope you like the place and get everything you seek from it :)

stidham
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by stidham » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:21 am

Hi I'm Dave, while I'm new here, I'm not new to Trek or Trek fanfic. It's been a hobby of mine for since '97. I've recently returned writing fanfic after a few years on hiatus. I've become a big fan of Dark Horizon, I've been waiting for a new story for SOOOOO long. ;) I've tried doing some photomanipulations, I have NO talent there what so ever.

As for age: 41, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 18 years now, 3 wonderful boys, 15, 10, and 8. The oldest is a trek fan and an awsome defensive tackle. we have 3 cats, 2 aquariums, and more computer stuff (my other love and business).

Cya later
Dave

Daddy Dragon
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Daddy Dragon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:06 am

Greetings.

My name is Larry. I'm 37, have both a wife and an ex-wife (with complimentary alimony and child support), and 3 children ranging in age from 2 to 14.

I'm a fan of Star Trek and too many other sci-fi shows with complete season DVD sets. I haven't written anything more than game notes in more than a decade. I'm currently running a Trek RPG for some friends & co-workers, and thought I'd see if I could learn enough to perhaps create some photomanipulations for their characters (and perhaps transfer that knowledge into other genres later). Have to admit that what I've seen here is incredible and daunting.

I don't post a lot. Guess that makes me something of a career MB lurker.

Guess that's enough rambling for now.

Regards,
Larry

Oh, forgot...

I have no dogs, and our cat escaped and lost a fight with oncoming traffic last year. There...I think that covers it.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:33 pm

stidham wrote:Hi I'm Dave, while I'm new here, I'm not new to Trek or Trek fanfic. It's been a hobby of mine for since '97. I've recently returned writing fanfic after a few years on hiatus.

Welcome, Dave! I'm glad you're back to writing again.

I've become a big fan of Dark Horizon, I've been waiting for a new story for SOOOOO long. ;)

Fortunately, your wait is over. :)

The wait for the next one won't be near as long... I hope. ;)
-Michael Gray

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:38 pm

Daddy Dragon wrote:Greetings.

My name is Larry.

Welcome, Larry!
-Michael Gray