What oft-used phrase/cliche makes you think, "Just STFU!"

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.

Re: What oft-used phrase/cliche makes you think, "Just STFU!

Postby Transom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:34 am

Saying "I could care less" when you mean that you couldn't. If you could care less, what the hell are you complaining about?
Transom
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Postby JM1776 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:44 am

Transom wrote:Saying "I could care less" when you mean that you couldn't. If you could care less, what the hell are you complaining about?

I say "I could care less" on occasion. The clear implication of the phrase is, "I could care less ... but not much less" or "I could care less ... but it would take an effort." I actually prefer it to "I couldn't care less" because it has a little more nuance ... because, see, you could care less if you care enough to mention it.
Discovery is not your parents' Star Trek. The problem is, it's not yours, either. It's the Star Trek of your asshole nephew and slutty niece.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Postby Quoshara » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm

RIP wrote:"This totally ruined my childhood". When referring to important and life-changing matters such as a movie.

I feel that way sometimes when reading fan-fic. *L* (Because the image of Miss Piggy cheating on Kermit with Grover will totally be burned into my brain forever.)
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......
Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Postby RIP » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Also I find the phrase "Oh my God" to be wildly overused. I may not be religious but I find it absolutely distasteful to speak His name in vain. Plus you hear it so very often it's plain annoying.
Life is very similar to boxing. Defeat is not declared when you fall down. It's declared when you can no longer get up.

Some people just want to watch the world burn... not because of the pretty colors but because after the fire, there comes rejuvination.
RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

Postby An-Gel Sakura » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm

RIP wrote:Also I find the phrase "Oh my God" to be wildly overused. I may not be religious but I find it absolutely distasteful to speak His name in vain. Plus you hear it so very often it's plain annoying.

I don't mind so much, but i get annoyed when people say it as "OMG". ::fd::
Write or type it, but don't say it like it's a real word. :roll:
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)
An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Postby JM1776 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
RIP wrote:Also I find the phrase "Oh my God" to be wildly overused. I may not be religious but I find it absolutely distasteful to speak His name in vain. Plus you hear it so very often it's plain annoying.

I don't mind so much, but i get annoyed when people say it as "OMG". ::fd::
Write or type it, but don't say it like it's a real word. :roll:

Yeah. Makes me categorize whosoever does it as "dipshit."
Discovery is not your parents' Star Trek. The problem is, it's not yours, either. It's the Star Trek of your asshole nephew and slutty niece.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Previous

Return to General Discussion