I just Saw Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker (Spoiler Free)

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.
jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Post by jayphailey » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:54 am

Imagine a big big dog.

This dog thinks you've gone away and died.  He misses you terribly.

So you come back and say "Hey Dog."

And what you get is about 200 pounds of frantic, tail wagging, face-licking, hair shedding, mass destruction spinning in a circle, happier than hell to see you.

That's what this film felt like to me.

It's frantic, it's energetic, it's dumb but my God is it happy to see you.

Although, it contains the smartest moment in any Star Wars film I have ever seen. I will describe that later.

If you took 11-year-old Jay, let him play with all the star wars toys, cranked him up on sugar, chocolate milk and speed, you might get something like this..... but admittedly less coherent.

Go see it, enjoy it. It's a roller coaster ride.  Don't bring your brain, it will just get in the way. This is a big dumb movie. Go see it and have big dumb fun.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: I just Saw Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker (Spoiler Free)

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 am

I think you summed it up accurately.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Re: I just Saw Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker (Spoiler Free)

Post by jayphailey » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Michael wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 am
I think you summed it up accurately.

Thank you
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson