Star Trek Online

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

Postby JaceRidley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 pm

victorgarcia wrote:Well i hope to eventually get it done.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass mission but you gotta just stick with it and you'll get through eventually. When I did it, it took us about 20 minutes of constant fighting and taking it down little by little, every time we died, we got right back to work.

That's magic in a cheetah print coat, Just a slip underneath it I hope
Asking if I can have one of those, Organic cigarettes that she smokes
Wraps her lips round the Mexican coke, Makes you wish that you were the bottle
Takes a sip of your soul and it sounds like…

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby jayphailey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

JMaxwell wrote:
victorgarcia wrote:everytime we have it at around 20% people come in and start shooting the shards which cause it to regenerate. No matter how many times we tell them not to shoot the blasted things.

Sometimes you HAVE to shoot the shards before they hit you and kill you in one shot. You just need to have decent enough players. The battle takes about 15-20 minutes even with organized groups.

Actually, you can avoid them. I engaged it with the Blue Fleet and we took it down twice in about 20 minutes. During that engagement I was able to avoid the crystal shards.... mostly.

Two days before that, I discovered that I could take 4 hits from crystal shards before respawning.

Dying and respawning kinda kicks me out of the suspension of disbelief.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby jayphailey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm

JMaxwell wrote:
victorgarcia wrote:Well i hope to eventually get it done.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass mission but you gotta just stick with it and you'll get through eventually. When I did it, it took us about 20 minutes of constant fighting and taking it down little by little, every time we died, we got right back to work.

Yeah, the CE is tough. I am finding Space Combat in the Eta (whatever) Sector, (way south, where K7 is locted) to be a bear.

Apparently my Guy in Ground Combat is lame and week. And it PvP, it's hard to form up and get any group tectics rolling - the Klingon players. while few ar egenerally better at it than I am, and most of the people I see in Impromptu PvP groups.

Also, learning how to use a Constitution class and my one valid buff power.

I am sort of looking for some in character stuff that doesn't become a writing chain-gang. Betwween my already existing one-on-one rpg sessions and my fan fic, I don't want to commit myself to another session of "Guilt-ridden Burn-out the RPG"

On the other hand, I don't want to make up this imaginary person and have him languish alone in my brain, y'know?

Jay ~Meow!~
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Re: Star Trek Online

Postby raymondjames89 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:18 pm

I was excited for this when it was in thw works and when they showed promos but now, no. I haven't played it but i have read review after review and the hype is clearly not there anymore. I was even going to get it today until I did more research and saw that I would have to spend money each month on it. I am a college student and aside form that, I don't play video games or watch tv much so its just not worth it for me.
raymondjames89
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Postby victorgarcia » Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 am

raymondjames89 wrote:I was excited for this when it was in thw works and when they showed promos but now, no. I haven't played it but i have read review after review and the hype is clearly not there anymore. I was even going to get it today until I did more research and saw that I would have to spend money each month on it. I am a college student and aside form that, I don't play video games or watch tv much so its just not worth it for me.

Oh the game has gotten much better. I left it for a few months and then came back. I was surprised by all the changes they had made to it. It still could use some improvements, but its getting there.
Victor

http://www.startrek.thenewfrontiers.net/
victorgarcia
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Postby RichMerk » Thu May 26, 2011 2:32 am

You can play through the first few missions for free. Your computer needs some serious horsepower under the hood though.
RichMerk
Chief Underpants Gnome
Chief Underpants Gnome

Postby Rob.H » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:17 pm

I've been playing since day one so I can vouch for those that have said its improved. Looking back, the amount of changes made is mind boggling. That and the new ground combat systems around the corner with Season 4 its definitely worth a try.

I do have to admit though, I tend to get a little carried away with it. I currently have 2 Sci, 2 Tac and 2 Engineers at max rank. Also got a couple lowbies that I'll probably never get around to leveling.
Rob.H
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Postby CamSPD » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 am

I had three characters at one point, but right now I've only one. I believe she's a Lieutenant Commander 6 now. Looking forward to ranking up so I can get my Nebula Class Starship! The ships I have had so far at my level are a ShiKahh-class Miranda Variant, NX Class, Constitution Class, Nova Class and I even have a Delta Flyer.

My little sehlat cub looks like a little lion cub. He's a cutie.
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.
CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Previous

Return to Star Trek Online