SPD in STO

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:29 am

Jed just helped me realize that my graphics card isn't strong enough to handle the intensity of the game, which is likely why I had so much trouble controlling my character and her ship. So even though my laptop is still a great computer for my writing projects, it looks like it's not so much when it comes to gaming. This means I need another computer just to play the game. Well, it and any other PC games I might buy.

Lets hope Best Buy will let me get a nice, game-playing PC on credit. otherwise, I'm on hiatus for the rest of the year, until tax season next year.

Unless, of course, I miraculously come aross the money I need or someone buys one for me (neither of which is likely to happen)....
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

or u can have the graphic card replaced :-)
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am

sigh double post
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I've thought of that, but that might cost as much as getting a new one. I'm thinking of just doing the rent to own thing. Will end up paying a little more than the model is worth, but at least I'll get back into the game that much faster.

Plus, I'll be ready for the new Star Wars game that's coming out, and any other really kuul game that's graphics intensive. If I have one computer just for gaming, it would almost be like having one really kuul arcade machine.
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Will post updated pictures of my two characters tomorrow...
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I swear I will actually get around to posting some pics soon. I keep meaning to do it but haven't gotten around to resizing or cropping some of them---which they need, trust me.
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Changed the name of the thread, just fyi.

Also, in case you haven't caught me saying it somewhere else, I have decided to fit my STO characters into my fanfic a little more properly---that is, they're descendants of current fic characters so as to better fit in with the futuristic timeline of the game. Doesn't mean I won't slap on a Nemesis-uniform if I get the urge to make some pics for my fics, but for right now, my first character is now Lindze Regan's granddaughter (or rather, will be, as her son Jack---Moira's father---is only about 15 in 2380) and my second character is Serutian Hale's future son. The third character is thus far independent of my fan fiction, but it's entirely possible I may change that. You should see what Moira Regan and her bridge officers look like decked out in TOS uniforms! Okay, you will get to see, once I get round to actually posting pictures.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a while. The computer I've been renting for the last month is giving me problems (go figure, it's a used computer), so I'm turning it back in and I'm just going to save up for a computer with the graphics card and processor I need. I figure if I can discipline myself to spend the bare minimum required every month (bills and food), then I could have a nice chunk saved up in 4 to 6 weeks. I've already paid off my credit card and am going to use that toward it, so there's $200 already. Only need six to eight hundred more for a decent gaming computer, and I get paid every week, so that's where my time estimate comes in.

Gotta love fathers who let you live with them and don't make you pay rent so long as you contribute to the household in some way. I buy household essentials like TP, laundry soap, dish soap... little things like that. Of course, I still want to get back into a place of my own, and am making it a mission to do so by this time next year.

Anyhoo, unless I'm at my mother's house playing on hers or my brother's computer, I won't be in STO for a while. I'm gonna miss it...especially considering Moira Regan is one level away from making lieutenant commander and getting another ship!
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re:

Post by CamSPD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 am

Hey, John--

Hope you'll see this soon. This is the advice given to me when I needed help locating my screenshots. Try it on your computer and see if it works for you.
Undead Jed wrote:Cam, the screenshots will be saved in a folder wherever your STO files are located. I'm not sure about Vista but for me (Windows 7) its...

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
"Ah! She is a writer!"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Re: SPD in STO

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:08 am

It worked! I'll have to put a shortcut somewhere...
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 am

if/when i start playing STO i'll just use alternate versions of ST-DS characters since the undine war and probably hobus won't happen in my series....and that would also make nuTrek unnecessary as well

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:10 am

Like I've said before, I consider nuTrek to be a double alternate, ergo the STO timeline is the first alternate (Hobus never goes supernova in the TOTMM continuity, either).
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Here's the first of many images I have of my characters. This is Chief of Security Alex Lawson:

Last edited by CamSPD on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:13 pm

And this is the best Annika Hansen (7 of 9) I could make. I actually had to change her last name to something else because the game wouldn't let me use her actual last name, since Seven is a character in the game. Given that she joins the Columbia crew in 2380, my Seven (who eventually goes by her given name) is from an alt-universe. Of course, by my reckoning, all my characters are alt-universe compared to the in-game universe...

Anyhoo, here's my Annika:
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Yes, I have my crew in the Mirror Universe Enterprise-era uniforms. More to come...
"Ah! She is a writer!"

CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by CamSPD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Forgot to mention that I was glad that designation worked for you, John.

Chief Engineer Darien Serri:

Last edited by CamSPD on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ah! She is a writer!"