Making a RP Fleet

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

Re: Making a RP Fleet

Postby ThatGeekChick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 am

I'm actually playing now... I'm Etaera Lin@ThatGeekChick and Rychel@ThatGeekChick

I'd only started playing again because finding a good mesh of a Saber is proving night impossible... but I'm actually liking the game thus far, which is somewhat surprising.
"In the vanguard, one will find the impetuous, saber flashing in the starlight."
ThatGeekChick
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Postby Captain Marshal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

For those interested, join Earthspace dock, instance 2. If you don't know how, go to your map by pressing M, then click instance, change it to 2. We will all meet in-game by the lobby area in front of the Med Bay where the fleet ambassador, Elsa Mora, Bridge Officer Trainer, and Commander Balt are.

For those of you who play, I'm Captain Marshal@Captain_Marshal. Send me a message and a friend request.
Always fight for the dream of a better tomorrow, one that future generations will be proud to inherit.
Any dream worthy of fighting for is worth dying for. But anything worth dying for is also worth LIVING for.
Never stop fighting back the darkness or else it will overwhelm you. Faith Manages.
Captain Marshal
Commander
Commander

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Actually, it doesn't really have to be Instance 2. We just all have to be in the same instance.

We just need to coordinate WHEN we'll all be online at the same time...
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Okay, by my count we have:

Me (Amy@J.H.Harris)
Sirius (?@madmoody)
Captain Marshal (Marshal Yuen@Captain_Marshal)
ThatGeekChick (Etaera Lin@ThatGeekChick)

So we need one more person to join us...
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Postby Captain Marshal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:Okay, by my count we have:

Me (Amy@J.H.Harris)
Sirius (?@madmoody)
Captain Marshal (Marshal Yuen@Captain_Marshal)
ThatGeekChick (Etaera Lin@ThatGeekChick)

So we need one more person to join us...

Actually, I'm Captain Marshal@Captain_Marshal but for our sakes, I'm Marshal Yuen =]
Always fight for the dream of a better tomorrow, one that future generations will be proud to inherit.
Any dream worthy of fighting for is worth dying for. But anything worth dying for is also worth LIVING for.
Never stop fighting back the darkness or else it will overwhelm you. Faith Manages.
Captain Marshal
Commander
Commander

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm

From what I understand, all of your Federation characters will automatically join when one does, but I'm not sure of it.

We'll need to form a separate fleet for our Klingon characters, but then I don't play Klingon very often.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby ThatGeekChick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Sun/Mon are best days for me to convene. I work Tues-Sat, 3pm-Mid EST.
"In the vanguard, one will find the impetuous, saber flashing in the starlight."
ThatGeekChick

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Okay, then let's shoot for this next Sunday, then. As we get closer (and find our fifth), we can determine a specific time.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby Captain Marshal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll try to keep my schedule free
Captain Marshal
Commander
Commander

Postby ThatGeekChick » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 am

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit how many of my Bridge Officers are carrying around a full load of tribbles.

They coo when we're walking around :-D
ThatGeekChick

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 am

I like it when they squeak.

And we still need one more player to form a fleet.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby ThatGeekChick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Something we might want to consider...

There is a Reddit user fleet that seems to be relatively active (REDdit Alert) that we could consider joining. Since there only seems to be four of us anyway, and as I understand it there are substantial benefits to being in a larger fleet.

Reddit is a news site, where users submit links, pictures, and commentary, then other users "rate" the content by either upvoting it, or downvoting it. It is divided into sections called "subreddits" which are about a wide variety of topic (pretty much anything you can imagine). Subreddits can be accessed by adding /r/desiredtopic after www.reddit.com, where "desiredtopic" is whatever you're interested in.

Some examples:
www.reddit.com/r/startrek
www.reddit.com/r/sto
www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds
www.reddit.com/r/corgi

They regularly release a state of the fleet announcement to tell people what's new.

It's free to make a Reddit account, and you don't need to register with your email address if you desire complete anonymity. This way, in addition to being in a large fleet, we also have access to the subreddit dedicated to the fleet where we can actually talk to people, plan fleet actions, etc.

If RP is what is desired, we can always just make a chat channel that the STPMA members RP in; hell, we can just make an STPMA chat channel for $#!*$ and giggles regardless.

I've played with groups of Redditors in several other games, and it's always been a pretty positive experience.
ThatGeekChick

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I'd much rather we have our own fleet. That way, the five of us (and whoever decides to join us down the road) are in charge of what fleet projects we undertake. Joining an existing fleet doesn't allow that.

It's not the size of the fleet that matters, just that we have one that's ours, not controlled by somebody else.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Anyway, how does noon EST/1700 UTC sound for a get-together time?
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby captainuniverse » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm asking Santa Claus for a new computer this Christmas. If he gives me one, then I hope to join with your guys' permission. My current computer is a slow as :cen: piece of fossilized :cen:

\Y/
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online