ST: CITADEL casting discussion

A place to post ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories for the ST: CITADEL shared-universe.

Moderator: Michael

Forum rules
For discussion of ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories of the ST: CITADEL shared-universe. Please observe all requests by thread originators concerning the level of feedback/critique they seek. (11/15/16 - I have received a request to lock this subforum. If there is a desire to unlock it again, please contact me by PM. Thanks. - Michael)

ST: CITADEL casting discussion

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Seeing Joe's U.S.S. Liberty cast images up in the photomanipulation area led me to whip up a couple of similar pictures for the STAR TREK: CITADEL shared-universe idea a few of us have been kicking around, continuing the TOTMM story "Size Matters".

Here are the first two:

Obviously, as the commander of FOB/DS/Starbase Gwalior, he'll figure prominently.

I envision Richards as a more spit-and-polish type of Starfleet officer than those who transferred from the Marshal Martz. Thus, he and Wilcox will rarely see eye to eye...

So who should we cast for Wilcox? And who else should we add to the cast? Someone mentioned John Goodman... and we need the captains and department heads of the several ships based there, not to mention the team from the SCE...

Thoughts welcome. Hopefully, if enough want to participate (and all are welcome), we can get another sub-forum set up. ;)
Last edited by AdmiralSirJohn on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Re: ST: CITADEL casting discussion

Postby captainuniverse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm

The lettering for Rentoshi is a little too dark if you don't mind my saying. I could barely make out the name. I mentioned John Goodman once and I was thinking that maybe he's a Tellarite engineer close to retirement when he's assigned to Gwalior?

And while FltCpt. Bossco made this for me, I offer this manipulation up for Lieutenant Commander Ikar of the Espero. And for Wilcox, maybe Mark Ruffalo would make a good addition?

Last edited by captainuniverse on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby JM1776 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 pm

I'll assume "thoughts welcome" means manip critique as well.

The lighting on the second manip is off where left side of neck meets uniform. Way too much contrast between flesh and clothing.

Nice work otherwise, though.
Discovery is not your parents' Star Trek. The problem is, it's not yours, either. It's the Star Trek of your asshole nephew and slutty niece.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at matching brightness. If anyone can fix that, I would appreciate it.

As for Rentoshi, I'll fix that and post a new one.

So who should provide the voice for Ikar?
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Postby captainuniverse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Gwenyth Paltrow for Ikar.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Hmm... Okay. It's not what ran through my mind while writing her, but I'm flexible.

The image is a bit blurry though, don't you think?

And Ruffalo will work just fine.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby captainuniverse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 pm

You'd have to ask Bossco to fix it unless you're capable of it. I give it to you as my contribution to Citadel. And Ms. Paltrow was just a name in my head at the time. I really couldn't think of anyone else.

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I'll probably end up using it as is, but I'll drop a line to Master Bossco...
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby captainuniverse » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't know why but for some reason, I see Seann William Scott as Andy Mundy. Which would probably add some comedy to interactions between him and Ikar. I don't know, John. It's your call.

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm not familiar with him, but I'll look into it.

And I'm shocked that it didn't occur to me instantly, but Jorge Garcia is perfect for an Intaran junior officer...
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby captainuniverse » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Maybe as an Intaran medical officer or engineer? Jorge Garcia, this is.

And Mr. Seann William Scott is from The Dukes of Hazzard. He played Bo in the new version.  

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Hmm... Given my own doctor's size (she's a bit bigger than I am), that's not a bad idea...  

And thanks for the clarification. I never saw the movie, but I'll check Google for some photos.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Here's the Ikar image, with thanks to Bossco:

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:07 am

I can't believe I didn't think of this one right off the bat...

I may redo the actor credit on this one. I'm not real happy with it, but both black and white tend to be even less readable...
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby captainuniverse » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:48 am

Great work from both of you, John. You too, Bossco.

Who else needs casting?

Do we need to cast the Hammersley or are you casting Sea Patrol for that crew? Because I can see some of that crew as aliens. :D

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Next

Return to ST: CITADEL