ST: CITADEL - Planetary Information

A place to post ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories for the ST: CITADEL shared-universe.

Moderator: Michael

Forum rules
For discussion of ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories of the ST: CITADEL shared-universe. Please observe all requests by thread originators concerning the level of feedback/critique they seek. (11/15/16 - I have received a request to lock this subforum. If there is a desire to unlock it again, please contact me by PM. Thanks. - Michael)
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

ST: CITADEL - Planetary Information

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 am

Here's a bit of information on Intar.
Intar Stelis System (Official UFP Adopted Name)

Number of planets: 10

Planets 1-3 are small, rocky planets.

Planet 5 is sub-Jovian.

Planet 6 is Martian.

Planets 7-9 are Jovian gas giants.

Planet 10 is sub-Jovian.

The system has no asteroid belt.
Planetary Data – Intar (Intar Stelis IV)

Planet type: Terrestrial

Climate: Cool, Few clouds (N2, O2 - breathable)

Distance from primary star: 1.6E+008 KM/1.067 AU

Mass: 6E+024Kg (1.005 Earth masses)

Surface gravity: 981.8 cm/sec2 (1.00 Earth gees)

Surface pressure: 1023 millibars (1.009 Earth atmospheres)

Normal temperature range: comparable to Earth, averages slightly lower in most areas.

Equatorial radius: 6388.5 Km (1 Earth radii )

Density: 5.50 grams/cc (1 Earth densities)

Eccentricity of orbit: 0.079

Escape Velocity: 11.2 Km/sec

Atmospheric constituents: N, O, CH4, NH3, H2O, Ne, N2, CO...

Nitrogen 77.2%
Oxygen 21.9%
Argon 0.8%

Axial tilt: 23°

Planetary albedo: 0.24

Length of year: 402.85 Earth days/356.88 Local days (1.10 Earth years)

Length of day: 27 hours

Boiling point of water: 100.5° Celsius/212.8° Fahrenheit

Hydrosphere percentage: 71.1

Cloud cover percentage: 38.1

Ice cover percentage: 3.4

Natural Satellites: 1

Continents: 4 (Australia-size or smaller)

Capitol: Unity

Largest City: Citadel (Population approx. 20 million - comparable to New York, Seoul or Mexico City circa 2010)
The relatively low cloud cover allows for longer growing seasons, with Intaran plants being rather rugged and exhibiting many characteristics of what other planets would consider weeds.

Feel free to add details as needed.
Last edited by AdmiralSirJohn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Re: ST: CITADEL - Planetary Information

Post by amehatrekkie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 am

do you want an image of the star system and/or a map of intar?

i can whip some up for you once i get my photoshop reset
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 am

No, I can whip those up with the Lunarcell filter.

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:20 pm

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:No, I can whip those up with the Lunarcell filter.
alright....can't wait to see them! :-D
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Hmm... interesting... :-k

Great work, John. (\gorn/)
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Here's what I'm thinking as far as personnel:

Since Starfleet is such a huge organization to begin with, one assumes that the numbers associated with the contemporary designations would be multiplied by a factor of ten or more.

A Starfleet Forward Operating base is basically a forward deployed carrier strike group, so there would be approximately 10,000 active duty personnel. As Gwalior is a joint base, I would think anywhere from half to 2/3 would be Intaran.

A Deep Space installation is analogous to a US Navy fleet, so there would be anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 deployed.

And a full starbase is pretty much open-ended so far as population. Earth Spacedock, which I would consider the Starfleet version of Norfolk, has had a reported population of a million or more, so such a figure wouldn't be beyond belief in this case, though I suspect it would reach the starbase threshold at around 100k.

Thoughts on this?

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 am

i don't know about the population scales of the smaller installations but as far as spacedock, i doubt it could fit a million people

most of the space is probably just docking paddocks for the ships...especially i the 24th century with the larger ships

i'd say easily 2/3s of starfleet officers are stations on ships....and probably close to half of the rest are on starbases and the rest on research outposts like regula one

for spacedock a crew of 10,000 is probably more realistic in my opinion (which by that scale most of the smaller starbases would have somewhere from 2,000 to 5000 personnel)

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 am

Would it really be that small, though? Norfolk naval base has an active duty population of 83,000, and I see an average starbase at least that big...

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:Would it really be that small, though? Norfolk naval base has an active duty population of 83,000, and I see an average starbase at least that big...

ah...then maybe 50,000 or upto 200,000

i just don't think a space station in a planetary orbit could handle a million people

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Oh, no, I'm talking probably a cluster of five to ten, plus ground installations for administration.

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 pm

i'm fairly sure that surface stations (like starbase 11) would probably have a HUGE personnel

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Are you trying to figure out how much personnel is assigned to Gwalior? And does that include the personnel of any Starfleet vessels assigned to the sector? Because I actually looked up Carrier Strike Group at Wikipedia and it looks like it would make a good model, at least, in the ships assigned to the area.

At the moment, Ernst Ruska would certainly be the carrier in the area with the Espero and the Hammersley taking the part of the 'destroyers' assigned to any task group. Anyways, this is just my thoughts on the subject.

I hope this link helps anyone to understand what I'm talking about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_strike_group

- Cap \Y/
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. Right now, it's at a sub-battle group size, but that will eventually be the model for the assigned ships. In fact, I'll probably end up using Yokota Naval Base as the model for how Gwalior is organized.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Interesting.

I think to date, the only ships introduced to Citadel are as follows:

U.S.S. Enterprise
U.S.S. Marshal Martz
U.S.S. Kumari
U.S.S. Blount Island
U.S.S. Hammersley
U.S.S. Espero
U.S.S. Edward O'Hare

And with the Enterprise and the MM left for other assignments, this looks like a good group of ships unless you have other ideas, John. I'll have to get Yokota Naval Base a look see but I'm liking the progress being made so far.

\:/

"Geronimo!"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Y'know, I forgot all about the O'Hare (and the fact that O'Hare International Airport is named for him)... I figure any other ships in the sector at this point would be civilian freighters, mostly bringing in "exotic" (to the Intarans, that is) foods and other supplies.