Star Trek Discovery - Season 2

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
Gazomg
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Discovery - Season 2

Post by Gazomg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 am

just finished the series.and enjoyed it a lot, not keen on the 950 years in the future part for the next season

I see that season 3 will have Burnham, Tilly, Owosekun, Bryce, Jett Reno , Keyla Detman, Stamets, and Culber.
Possibly Nhan also.

I get you must have the different races on Earth represented, the different sexual orientations, and obviously genders and the token aliens for the show, and that is a great thing and symbolizes what trek should always be.
But if this show is to be seen as something that represents all colors, creeds, genders, sexual orientations, where in the fuck is the straight while male ?

Last time I checked they made up a sizeable proportion of people on Earth , you would think they would have at least one in the main cast, even in this political correct world gone mad.
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 2,331- May 26th

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:08 am

Gazomg wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 am
I get you must have the different races on Earth represented, the different sexual orientations, and obviously genders and the token aliens for the show, and that is a great thing and symbolizes what trek should always be.
But if this show is to be seen as something that represents all colors, creeds, genders, sexual orientations, where in the fuck is the straight while male ?

Last time I checked they made up a sizeable proportion of people on Earth , you would think they would have at least one in the main cast, even in this political correct world gone mad.
Admin Post...

I want to remind everyone of the recent addition to the rules, found here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7
A note on political discussion: Please do not post any comments which seek to tie a show, an episode, a movie, a book, character, etc., to a particular political point of view. Examples of this include stating that a show and/or its writers are pushing an SJW, MGTOW, liberal, conservative, neo-conservative, neo-marxist, etc., etc., etc., world view. Since discussing those topics opens the door to a political discussion, this type of thing will no longer be allowed.

The above post by Gazomg violates this rule as it encourages a political discussion, in this case on the "political correct" nature of the producers' casting choices.

Please refrain from posts like this. Also, please do not respond to the above post.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me by PM.

Do not post questions or comments about the rule here in the thread.

Thank you.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Post by JaceRidley » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 am

[deleted because my question was already answered-- Originally contained a question if Michael had finished S2 yet]