Star Trek Day

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Star Trek Day

Post by Michael » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:28 am

I just saw this:

Anyone know what this is about? Are they just noting the day to celebrate the 55th anniversary of Trek, or are they doing more?

The trailer is nice.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

captainuniverse
Federation Envoy
Federation Envoy

Re: Star Trek Day

Post by captainuniverse » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 pm

I think they might be sharing developments with the current series on Paramount+. Videos, interviews, and such.
My avatar is Captain Weynik, commander of the Defiant-class starship USS Ajax, which is part of the USS Surefoot universe.
https://usssurefoot.blogspot.com/

This photo manipulation was made by FltCpt. Bossco.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:06 am

captainuniverse wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 pm
I think they might be sharing developments with the current series on Paramount+. Videos, interviews, and such.
That could be interesting. Thank you for the info. 8)
-Michael Gray

captainuniverse
Federation Envoy
Federation Envoy

Post by captainuniverse » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:52 pm

You're welcome. I just heard that post-production has begun for Star Trek: Picard, Season Two, and they're starting on Season Three.
My avatar is Captain Weynik, commander of the Defiant-class starship USS Ajax, which is part of the USS Surefoot universe.

Ronin
Commander
Commander

Post by Ronin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:30 pm

I love those DS9 shots... like they finally decided to give the images an upgrade or something.
There is no teacher but the enemy... and no enemy greater than myself...

captainuniverse
Federation Envoy
Federation Envoy

Post by captainuniverse » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Michael, they released a cast introduction video for Strange New Worlds, a new trailer for Star Trek: Prodigy and a new trailer for Star Trek: Picard yesterday. They looked amazing to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBE7d8sH5Rg

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 am

Very cool! Thank you, Cap!
-Michael Gray

captainuniverse
Federation Envoy
Federation Envoy

Post by captainuniverse » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:56 pm

You're welcome, Michael. I was totally squeeing like a little kid when I saw the trailers.