Mail in the 24th century...

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Re: Mail in the 24th century...

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Mon May 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I believe I have come up with a solution: The container ship.

In the CITADEL continuity Jack and I are writing, we've established that the Glomar Explorer from TOTMM Episode 15: "Operation: Jennifer II" (I really should finish that someday...) is rebuilt into a container ship.

So consider this: Like today's container ships, anyone can buy/rent a shipping container and pay for it to be placed on board and taken to a specific port of call. Even "official" shippers, such as the USPS, use this type of transit.

Thoughts?
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Mon May 06, 2013 5:31 pm

AdmiralSirJohn wrote:In the CITADEL continuity Jack and I are writing, we've established that the Glomar Explorer from TOTMM Episode 15: "Operation: Jennifer II" (I really should finish that someday...)
I'd be curious to read it.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm

I'll post it sometime this weekend (what I've done with it).

It's the story where Corwin loses her head (quite literally) to save her from being assimilated.
(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)