Kira's love life

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Kira's love life

Post by JM1776 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm

She's been involved with one of Bajor's most prominent clerics (and his Mirror Universe counterpart), the First Minister, and, arguably, the single most important Changeling in the galaxy. But wouldn't it be intriguing if the great love of her life ...

... ended up being a Cardassian?
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Re: Kira's love life

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:50 pm

I think it would depend on the Cardassian and who you cast for him. Personally, I could see the possibility. Maybe it's someone who fell on hard times themselves after the war like a civilian who was in Lakarian City or maybe it's a surviving member of the Cardassian military who fought the Dominion from the inside?

I apologize. When my mind gets to thinking, my mouth runs off with it. \Y/
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 pm

That would be too easy, I think.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone who perhaps served on Bajor or Terok Nor during the occupation—who truly changed, but too late to help the Bajorans. Perhaps he had a crisis of conscience literally as Cardassian forces were withdrawing. It might be interesting to see Kira interact with someone whose background parallels hers, in that he did his duty, but believes he might have balked at certain tasks with which he was never charged.

I don't see Kira shooting a child, for example. Nor would this man.

As a matter of fact, perhaps it's his dark secret that he was out on patrol with one or two other troopers, who decided to have sport with some innocent Bajoran kids ... and he shot them. No investigation was ever launched because orders to pull out came down minutes or even seconds later, and the two who died were presumed killed by Bajoran freedom fighters in the last instants before the withdrawal.

Earlier in his career, though, he must have done some horrible things, or he becomes just another "good guy" in Cardassian makeup. He has to have nuance ... layers ... facets.
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 pm

I could see those circumstances happening.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

Lionheart
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Lionheart » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:46 pm

I could see her hating herself for it, yet still be drawn to them. Maybe even slugging back springwine and kanar a little too heavy because of it.
"What is life? It is the flash of the firefly at night, it is the breath of the moose in winter. It is the shadow which runs along the grass and loses itself in the sunset." - First Nation Quote

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:04 am

JM1776 wrote:That would be too easy, I think.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone who perhaps served on Bajor or Terok Nor during the occupation—who truly changed, but too late to help the Bajorans. Perhaps he had a crisis of conscience literally as Cardassian forces were withdrawing. It might be interesting to see Kira interact with someone whose background parallels hers, in that he did his duty, but believes he might have balked at certain tasks with which he was never charged.

I don't see Kira shooting a child, for example. Nor would this man.

As a matter of fact, perhaps it's his dark secret that he was out on patrol with one or two other troopers, who decided to have sport with some innocent Bajoran kids ... and he shot them. No investigation was ever launched because orders to pull out came down minutes or even seconds later, and the two who died were presumed killed by Bajoran freedom fighters in the last instants before the withdrawal.

Earlier in his career, though, he must have done some horrible things, or he becomes just another "good guy" in Cardassian makeup. He has to have nuance ... layers ... facets.
Sounds like a really good idea, especially for a character such as Kira who has so many layers and facets to her, she would need a true love who was her equal.

Post-DW he could be assigned to the station to co-ordinate relief/reconstruction between Cardassia and the UFP, someone who (like Kira in the beginning) is looking out for his people and what they need first and foremost.
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Perhaps I'll add this element to the latter portions of Belief System—assuming I ever get going with it again.

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:55 pm

this would be an interesting story to read.....especially her initial revulsion/disgust/attraction, etc and going back and forth.

i can relate in a way....

there was once a girl i was physically attracted to, even though many things about her personality i couldn't stand. finally i just had to force myself to stop responding to the attraction and just ignore her body as much as possible.
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm