It "ain't heavy" anymore?

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Re: It "ain't heavy" anymore?

Post by JM1776 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Frankly, collierctr ... any writer who's written a sex scene involving a character probably knows whether he's circumcised, whether her drapes match her carpet (or in the case of certain girls, are smooth hardwood floors), how well endowed he is, whether she's petite or bodacious, if she has a gag reflex, whether he's a believer in oral reciprocity, she's a fan of spelunking, and a host of other characteristics someone writing orthodox Trek fiction never considers.
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Re: It "ain't heavy" anymore?

Post by amehatrekkie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 pm

JM1776 wrote:Would the health benefits, which are debated even today, be applicable with the availability of 24th century medicine?
while any possible infections could be treated and cured, etc, why go through the hassle of constantly risking it and have to go repeatedly rather than prevent the infection in the first place?

some of the anatomical features can contain bacteria, etc....circumcision removes those features and a home for said bacteria. (that's the cleanest way to say that...PM me if more clarification is needed)
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm