I wonder if she even knows

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

I wonder if she even knows

Post by JM1776 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Actress Shannon Fill played Sito Jaxa in two episodes of Star Trek, the Next Generation. If you type her name into Google and then select Images, the very first one you get is a picture of Sito portrayed by Laura Linney.

It's one of my photo-manipulations. Weird, huh?
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

"And after all this time, you'd think that I, I wouldn't feel the same ... but time melts into nothing, and nothing's changed."

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Re: I wonder if she even knows

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

That is weird. Maybe the Internet is telling you something?
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:37 am

Care to opine on precisely what it's telling me, cu?
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

"And after all this time, you'd think that I, I wouldn't feel the same ... but time melts into nothing, and nothing's changed."

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

I'm not sure but I think TNG shouldn't have killed her off. I would have liked to seen more "Lower Decks" episodes. So, despite the casting change, I love that you revived her. You used Asgardian magic, right?
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:58 am

We never saw a body. She ain't dead—especially if you respect the intent of the writers. Sito was a prisoner of the Cardassians, and slated for an appearance on Deep Space Nine.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:36 am

They should've had her on Deep Space Nine when Kira and O'Brien rescued Li Nalas. Then added her the guest cast for a few seasons until adding her to the main cast in the last couple of seasons. In fact, I could have seen her as Odo's replacement in book canon or something.

"Geronimo!"

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 am

Fortunately, the fact that they didn't left her available to me.

"A Week in the Life of Sito Jaxa"

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

I had a story in mind for what happened to Sito as well, it saw her not as a prisoner but rather an operative in the Cardassian military, with her disguised as a Cardassian. I did get it started but not finished yet--it's in the pile of WIP I've got.
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco

Captain Marshal
Commander
Commander

Post by Captain Marshal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:31 pm

I like the thought of her still being alive. It's actually given me some ideas for the Sito Jaxa character and quite a few others.
Always fight for the dream of a better tomorrow, one that future generations will be proud to inherit.
Any dream worthy of fighting for is worth dying for. But anything worth dying for is also worth LIVING for.
Never stop fighting back the darkness or else it will overwhelm you. Faith Manages.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

I'm torn between enjoying having her exclusively and seeing what others will do with her.

"She's mine, I tell you! MINE! MMMMIIIIINEEE!" ::bt::

Uh ... sorry. :oops:

As a matter of fact, she's going to figure even more prominently in the latter stages of Belief System—which I may begin to work on again in the near future.

KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by KahlessOfVulcan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 pm

which I may begin to work on again in the near future.
Yay!
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)