What Is Your Favourite TV Series?

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.

What is your favourite Trek series?

The Original Series (TOS)
27%
The Animated Series (TAS)
No votes
The Next Generation (TNG)
20%
Deep Space 9 (DS9)
47%
Voyager (VGR)
7%
Enterprise (ENT)
No votes

Total votes: 15

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

What Is Your Favourite TV Series?

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:53 am

Not seen one of these on here in ages, so thought I'd throw it out there.

We're all here because we love Trek, but what incarnation is your favourite?
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Series?

Post by amehatrekkie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:24 pm

TNG of course
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

Gazomg
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Gazomg » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:01 pm

ds9 all the way
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 1918 - AUGUST 14th

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 pm

I like them all. However, my favorite is TOS.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

Capt. John J Marks
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Capt. John J Marks » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Bry_Sinclair wrote:Not seen one of these on here in ages, so thought I'd throw it out there. :-k

We're all here because we love Trek, but what incarnation is your favourite?
Well would you look at that this is my first post. :##

I chose DS9, :]1 but honestly I could have gone for TNG or the Original Series which I am rewatching at the moment, so many ways in which all three of those shows were different enough from what came before yet still feel 100% Trek.

As for Voyager and Enterprise :hrs: a lot of good episodes, good seasons of both, but too often felt like they were retreading old ground without adding their own technological and biological distinctiveness to the Trek Collective. :yhoo: \:D/ ):(

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 am

Capt. John J Marks wrote:Well would you look at that this is my first post. :##

I chose DS9, :]1 but honestly I could have gone for TNG or the Original Series which I am rewatching at the moment, so many ways in which all three of those shows were different enough from what came before yet still feel 100% Trek.

As for Voyager and Enterprise :hrs: a lot of good episodes, good seasons of both, but too often felt like they were retreading old ground without adding their own technological and biological distinctiveness to the Trek Collective. :yhoo: \:D/ ):(
Welcome to STPMA!

Totally agree with you on VOY and ENT, when they were good they were very good, but when they were bad they were abysmal! With TOS now on Netflix (here in the UK at least) I'm tempted to rewatch it, as it's been years since I last saw an episode, though part of me is dubious too as it may not live up to my memories of how much I loved it--even in all it's remastered glory.
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco

Capt. John J Marks
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Capt. John J Marks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:51 pm

I've been rewatching it daily on CBS Action.
They're showing the digitally remastered episodes that were released on DVD a few years ago so it's hard to judge how well the effects on the original episodes might fair or distract from the story, but these upgraded ones are great.

I would like to think watching Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley and the rest of the cast and the stories themselves are still interesting enough that I could watch no matter how old they are. (\gorn/) \:/

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:51 am

The first season of The Original Series remains, objectively, the single best Star Trek has to offer. If you do not agree, I respect your God-given right to be wrong.

Deep Space Nine offered the most consistently solid storytelling over time. The Next Generation offered one of the greatest cliffhangers in television or film history.

I submit that The Animated Series' "Yesteryear" is the most underrated (and arguably the best-written) episode in the entire (non) canon, surpassing most if not all of Voyager, much, arguably most, of Enterprise, quite a bit of the other three, and easily holding down a spot in the top twenty eps of all time.

Star Trek once provided comfort to me. After what happened four years ago, I can't see it the same way anymore. My divorce and breakup seem to have taken that away from me. It was so much a part of my heart that when that part of me broke, I lost much of my love for it.

Tragic but true.
You don't put bumper stickers on Ferraris. You don't put graffiti on a church. By the same ironclad reasoning, you don't put a tattoo on a beautiful woman.

Capt. John J Marks
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Capt. John J Marks » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Found these on youtube the other day a really good visual effects comparison for this Original Series episode and for others. From the episodes I watch on a daily basis and seeing these CGI upgrades are nice and don't detract from the actual story and acting and my enjoyment. Not sure why I ever felt it would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppBxObGKFIM