Discovery Trailer

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.

Re: Discovery Trailer

Postby jayphailey » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm

JM1776 wrote:How dare you be an adult?

:D :D :D You said it, not I.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby amehatrekkie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Sabre wrote:
ambessalion wrote:i just hope that they develop the nick myers khan idea, i'm pretty sure discovery, the way they've planned it, won't last beyond a season.

really, from what i read about this, this would be a show all around Khan living on Ceti Alpha (whatever the number), right ?

I mean, how is that Star Trek, And more important, why would we want to see that at all ?

better than the crapolla STD is turning out to be......it's pretty much nu-trek-lite
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm
amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby jayphailey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm

ambessalion wrote:better than the crapolla STD is turning out to be......it's pretty much nu-trek-lite

How do you know that? How do you know it's not "Trolley problem, the Series"?"
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby jayphailey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Oh, and please fix your sig. it's showing an add for paid Photobucket now, not the picture you wanted

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby amehatrekkie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 pm

jayphailey wrote:
ambessalion wrote:better than the crapolla STD is turning out to be......it's pretty much nu-trek-lite

How do you know that? How do you know it's not "Trolley problem, the Series"?"

i'm not even sure what you're referring to. lol

the klingons and uniforms are pretty telling.
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby jayphailey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:26 pm

ambessalion wrote:i'm not even sure what you're referring to. lol

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are definitely coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby amehatrekkie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:31 pm

i had to look it up...all the youtube videos i've watched seems to indicate, it's a third AU, not the prime universe as promised, it's increasing my ambivalence, not shrinking.
amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby jayphailey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

ambessalion wrote:i had to look it up...all the youtube videos i've watched seems to indicate, it's a third AU, not the prime universe as promised, it's increasing my ambivalence, not shrinking.

I don't care about any of that. I care if they tell good stories with good characters

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Postby amehatrekkie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm

jayphailey wrote:
ambessalion wrote:i had to look it up...all the youtube videos i've watched seems to indicate, it's a third AU, not the prime universe as promised, it's increasing my ambivalence, not shrinking.

I don't care about any of that. I care if they tell good stories with good characters

i'd rather the stuff i see not be revolting
amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Previous

Return to Star Trek Related