"Where My Heart Will Take Me" ...

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

"Where My Heart Will Take Me" ...

Post by JM1776 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:47 pm

... originally known as "Faith of the Heart", took a tremendous beating from many if not most diehard Trekkies when introduced as Enterprise's main title theme.

I've never understood why. I'd enjoy hearing why you love, hate or are indifferent to the song.

Set aside your like or dislike and give it another listen.

Feel free to wax euphoric or vitriolic as necessary.

"Thinking of a reason, well, it's really not very hard
to love you even though you nearly lost my heart"

An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Re: "Where My Heart Will Take Me" ...

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:06 am

Love it, and always did. although the later version, not as much. (\angel/)
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:44 pm

I always liked the song myself. That being said, it was not the heroic, grand sounding theme that has accompanied the other series. I think that fact combined with the fact that Enterprise's main story-line theme was supposed to be our first baby steps into the vaster unknowns of space, it just didn't seem to fit.
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:37 pm

I basically agree with Quo.

By itself, the song is okay. But for a Trek show, it just doesn't suggest adventure into the unknown like the themes for the earlier series.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 pm

I like the song. Somehow, I always thought that it worked better as the end song for Patch Adams.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 am

I'm very 'meh' about it. It's not a bad song, but just felt a little out of place for a Trek opening. That being said it is about 100 times better than the drivel of STD's opening.
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Quoshara wrote:I always liked the song myself. That being said, it was not the heroic, grand sounding theme that has accompanied the other series. I think that fact combined with the fact that Enterprise's main story-line theme was supposed to be our first baby steps into the vaster unknowns of space, it just didn't seem to fit.
Michael wrote:I basically agree with Quo.

By itself, the song is okay. But for a Trek show, it just doesn't suggest adventure into the unknown like the themes for the earlier series.
Interesting. I couldn't disagree more. The song has incredible power.

I might even go so far as to say that it's the best or second-best of the Trek themes.

I wonder if the fact that I'm religious and you guys aren't has something to do with our difference of opinion.
"Thinking of a reason, well, it's really not very hard
to love you even though you nearly lost my heart"

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 am

Hey, I'm gonna jump in and say ENT has my 2nd fav theme song. To this day when I watch some sci-fi (especially DSC) when the teaser ends and the theme starts I am practically ready to sing along to "Faith of the Heart" and honestly it is so much better than either DSC or ORV's themes. "Faith of the Heart" just feels like ENT to me. Maybe it's that ENT never had another theme, but to me watching that opening today is still as good as when I first saw it. It's not the traditional Star Trek opening, but it's clearly going for it's own thing. And the build up in the visuals to seeing the actual ship is perfect. It gives you the sense that this new ship is part of a long line and that's super important for a ship called Enterprise.

I have heard a lot of people say they don't like it and that's fine really I have seen mashup and changes, but there is no replacement, and only one really good swap-out (and that's just for the ultimate cheese factor).

But in the end ENT had an amazing intro and even if it had some clunkers in terms of episodes, it still consider it a really good Star Trek.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com