The huge flaw in "All Good Things"

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

The huge flaw in "All Good Things"

Post by JM1776 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:30 pm

The convergence of Enterprise's inverse tachyon pulses in all three continuities initially form the anomaly that threatens humanity. It's composed of "anti-time".

But when the future Enterprise-D, having already done the deed, returned a few hours later to scan for the anomaly (as the "aged" Picard convinces them to do) it helped create, the crew should have found nothing. Since it was formed hours ago and grows stronger in the past, there would be nothing to detect when they returned, because in the present and the future, it's not there yet ... er, I mean anymore.

The entire plot collapses.

Whoops.
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: The huge flaw in "All Good Things"

Post by Michael » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:13 pm

I agree that's a huge flaw in the story.

You would have thought someone on the writing staff would have caught that.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

Gazomg
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Gazomg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:00 am

there is obviously a flaw, just like the mirror episodes drive me insane when their counterparts all amazingly in especially the ds9 episodes just happens to be stationed on the same station in the mirror universe.
Remember sisko did not want the position originally on ds9, so why is sisko around the station for example in the mirror universe and likewise other characters, but I try to over look that much like the all good things episodes and just take them for what they are.
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 2120 - DECEMBER 12th

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Michael wrote:I agree that's a huge flaw in the story.

You would have thought someone on the writing staff would have caught that.
I think I was vaguely aware of it when watching the first time through, but squelched my misgivings because it was TNG's finale, and I didn't want to be aware of such a fuck-up.

I just watched it again two days ago.

This time, I went, "Hey..."
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”