Star Trek Discovery - Season 2

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Star Trek Discovery - Season 2

Post by sirus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:12 am

And here we go again. Here is the trailer without comment. Enjoy~

From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Re: Star Trek Discovery - Season 2

Post by JM1776 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:21 pm

That was ... underwhelming.
"The angel of the Lord appeared to them ... and they were struck with great fear. 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy ... today in the city of David a savior has been born. And this will be a sign ... you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'”

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 am

I must admit I a pretty much done with DSC these days. Nothing they do has been done anything close to correctly. They have gone butchered continuity and raised so many issues with the way Vulcans and Starfleet are portrayed that I am just tired of it. I have yet to decide if I will be watching season 2 at all, I more than likely will but that is more because I have seen all of Star Trek and I am not about to give that up now, but I am very much not excited.

I think the humor in it feels too much like "The Orville is popular, let's do that" without understanding why Trek fans like the Orville in the first place. They don't understand the fans and as a result, they are making stories that do not interest me. The Orville at the very least seems to have some grasp as to what I like about Trek and gives me some of that.

Plus the Orville will be talking Season 3 by the time DSC is ready to launch season 2. The Orville seems to be a proper show with a proper schedule and proper TV-minded people at the helm, DSC feels like a fan project with a runaway budget.

It saddens me to no end that of the two the one that feels like a cheap Star Trek knock-off isn't the Orville, it's DSC. Because at the very least the Orville seems to understand what Star Trek is about and what it is about Star Trek that keeps bringing me back to it.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

Gazomg
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Gazomg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:56 pm

agree with jm a bit underwhelming.

That said my expectations of discovery was very low to begin with and the show was therefore better than I thought.
It seems it more action and visual effect than actual proper trek stories overall and the new season am expecting sadly more of the same, but will still watch it
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 2081 - NOVEMBER 30th