Some advice.

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
fereality
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Some advice.

Post by fereality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into Trek. (Ok, never really left but was more of an observer). I actually found this site while looking up An-Gel's Yoeshin race after I stumbled upon it while doing some research before I begin to start writing some fan fic.

I'll be honest here, it is a crossover fic. Gravity Falls/ Star Trek. I'm primarily a Gravity Falls writers but got into STO awhile back and the merging began to happen in my brain. I have a good start (Post Dominion War Federation, ok pretty much STO era but none of the misson storylines. That will be all me.) planned but I'm stuck on some detail points.

Like could a Star Fleet Marine transfer to Star Fleet as a Security Officer? I was planning on using that set-up for the chief of security's right hand woman.

Is there a TNG-VOY Era equivalent of a Class III Neutrontic Fuel Carrier aka the USS Kobayashi Maru? I love the look of the ship and want to use it (the ship is gonna be a science based vessel and the storage pods on the bottom pylons are gonna be labs that can be jettisoned if needed, a feature the former captain and former head of engineering set up).

There may be more questions later, but thanks for any help now.

An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Re: Some advice.

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:32 pm

I am very interested in knowing where did you hear about one of my
Star Trek races such as the Yoeshins in the first place?
#1.jpg
I would also want to hear how Gravity Falls fits into it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)

fereality
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by fereality » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:48 am

I want to say it was either Google Search of 'Star Trek Homebrew Species' or going through DeviantArt. Though it may have also been on Tumblr. I was looking a lot of different places for new Star Trek Adventures species pages. I saw the art (may have been one of tour manips, not sure it's been a week or two since I first saw one) and it had the species name in the description. Then I recognized the species name the next time I saw it and was intrigued.

fereality
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by fereality » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:07 am

As for the Gravity Falls issue, here is the description I gave recently when asked about potential crossovers in a Gravity Falls Wendip group:
Star Trek/Gravity Falls AU - Follow the advetures of Captain Mason ‘Dipper’ Pines and the crew of the USS Gravity Falls, a science vessel once under the command of his great Uncle Stanford.
Crew:
First Officer Wendy Corduroy - former classmate of Dipper’s from the Academy. Can'di - half Vulcan half/Romulan Chief Science Officer.
Chutzpar - emissary of the Manotaurian Protectorate and acting Chief of Security.
Soos - a Saurian engineer who replaced the former head of engineering Fiddleford McGuket.
Pacifica Northwest - Orion science officer former & slave freed by the actions of the Pines.
Tambry - Andorian Communication Officer.
Mabel Pines - Civilian operator of the ship's 10 Foreward & acting (unofficial) ship’s councilor.

It is a Science Vessel patrolling the outer known edges of the Alpha Quadrant.

Admiral Ford runs a science division on a small Star Base, 'Gopher 618'. It is affectionately called a 'Shack' by his brother Stanley (a retired Admiral or Captain, I keep flip floping on that part), who handles procurement of supplies (the ones Starfleet doesn't provide that is) for the base.

Lionheart
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Lionheart » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:30 am

Like could a Star Fleet Marine transfer to Star Fleet as a Security Officer? I was planning on using that set-up for the chief of security's right hand woman.
In the traditional US military, they would have to do an interservice transfer if the character was an officer, or just get a Starflett//Naval commission if enlisted, since the US Marine Corps is actually part of the US Navy.
"What is life? It is the flash of the firefly at night, it is the breath of the moose in winter. It is the shadow which runs along the grass and loses itself in the sunset." - First Nation Quote

fereality
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by fereality » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:30 am
In the traditional US military, they would have to do an interservice transfer if the character was an officer, or just get a Starflett//Naval commission if enlisted, since the US Marine Corps is actually part of the US Navy.
Ok, that'll work.
The character is a recently joined Trill. So the acceptance of the Naval commission will have come as/or after she was joined. It will be an interesting bit, a former smooth talking ladies man now residing in a stocky, rough and tumble, female marine.