Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Star Trek related discussion, information, links, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Post by Michael » Fri May 15, 2020 3:02 pm

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-t ... 234607259/

-and-

This is going to be so cool!!!!!
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

Gazomg
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Post by Gazomg » Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 pm

I know already this will be better than discovery.

Yes the bar is set low, but I base this on the fact that Discovery is shit that is based too much on one character that is a concoction of all things to tick pc boxes, plus the best star of season 2 of discovery was Pike himself.
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 2,999- AUGUST 4th

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Fri May 15, 2020 11:47 pm

All I can say is that nothing Trek made post-2005 has ever felt like Star Trek to me. I have no hope for this. It's a Discovery spin-off, I have no hope for this at all.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

Gazomg
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Gazomg » Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 am

What I would like to see in this show

More Tellarites and Andorians since the coalition of planets has long since happened and is now Starfleet
Less Klingon and romulan stuff that has been done to death and more Cardassian, Tzenkethi,and other non federation races of the Alpha Quadrant.

How other races like the Bolians, Trill etc joined the Federation
Maybe the introduction of the earlier doctors like Boyce, or helmsman Sulu and other characters.
MANIPULATIONS ON MY SITE - 2,999- AUGUST 4th

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sat May 16, 2020 5:59 pm

I think I'm going to wait and see what comes of this show before I start criticizing it. I'm hoping we'll see some new characters, some new adventures, and some new aliens. Of course, this will probably start its own canon as it takes place before Kirk ever graced the command chair of the Enterprise with his derriere.

I don't know. I'm just going to play Wait-and-See before Darth Michael sails in and takes over with his Sith Armada.
"In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

CalUserSTfan89
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by CalUserSTfan89 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Well at least they have a decent Enterprise design to work with. I thought they did a good job with the " Re imagined " design.

- Cal