Solo

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
For those who haven't noticed the Forum Rules have been revised. It might be a good idea to take a look at them if you haven't read them for awhile. You'll find them in the Forum Rules forum at the top of the index page.
Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Solo

Post by Michael » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm

The TV spot from the Super Bowl:

-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Re: Solo

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 pm

The Galaxy, change it, they will... hmmm...
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:35 pm

I have a slightly different version...

*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Fri May 04, 2018 9:39 pm

And an "extended" version. The first part is new and tacked on to the part posted above...which makes it a bit odd and non-connecty.

*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......

sirus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by sirus » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:23 am

I can't say I have seen the movie yet, but given what I have heard I am betting a lot of people haven't either. I still plan to see it, but I wasn't going to break my budget to do that (I did break my budget to see Infinity War, but that was different).

Honestly, given the way the producers and behind the scenes people have treated the fans since the release of The Last Jedi, I am not amped about Star Wars anymore. I don't like politics in entertainment, at least on an overt level. If it's more subtle I can cope, but the new direction they seem to be going in with Star Wars does not have me amped.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:01 pm

I've seen it.

It's overrated.
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

If you're feeding your cat a vegan diet your head is so far up your ass that you can lick your own tonsils from the back way.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:16 pm

I’ve seen it. It’s okay. Not as exciting as Rogue One but a good origin story. I probably would have liked it more if Harrison Ford had started in it and he was telling a story about his past to a bunch of kids before he and Chewbacca went on that mission before they encountered Rey and Finn. Just a thought.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 am

captainuniverse wrote:Just a thought.
And a good one. It would have let us say good-bye far more satisfyingly than watching his own son off him, which didn't work for me.
"Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus are controlled by spacemen. They're moving fast and they're near the heart of the city."

If you're feeding your cat a vegan diet your head is so far up your ass that you can lick your own tonsils from the back way.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:36 pm

I agree. I didn’t like how they killed off Han or how Leia ‘mysteriously’ survived the destruction of her ship’s bridge. It’s almost like no one really understands Star Wars anymore. The studios just make it up as they go along and expect to eat their steaming pile like it’s mint chocolate chip ice cream. They should read the Expanded Universe and incorporate some of that.

"Geronimo!"

RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

Post by RIP » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:17 am

I have to admit I have thought about seeing Solo but then I kept thinking "Why does Han need a prequel". He seems a well-rounded character that probably thrives on not having too much backstory. To keep a bit of a mystery around them.

I didn't like Rogue One too much. It seemed overloaded and much too long. Plus, I couldn't really connect with the characters. And that resurrection of characters played by dead people using CGI is just creepy.

I don't believe I will be watching any of the other "extended universe" spinoffs they produce.
Life is very similar to boxing. Defeat is not declared when you fall down. It's declared when you can no longer get up.

Some people just want to watch the world burn... not because of the pretty colors but because after the fire, there comes rejuvination.